Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Self Control. Self Denial. Part 2
19-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Self Control. Self Denial. Part 2
Returning to her desk Ruth is surprised to find a document missing from the file Angela was looking at and so unfold the events at Buckingham Palace and Pegasus. Harry calls Ruth from his mobile.

XXX-XXX

"Ruth get an ambulance out the front, Adam's been shot!"

"Yes Harry" she says quickly, hanging up.

Twenty minutes later Harry enters through the pod, Adams blood on his shirt.

"Harry, are you hurt?" cries Ruth running up to him

"No…no, I am fine. Adam's not. Angela Wells shot him, tried to shoot me too"

"Harry, how bad is Adam?" pipes up Zaf

"Hard to say…lots of blood"

"We just heard…" In unison, Malcolm and Colin walk out of their office.

"If you don't mind I'll just…" Harry continues, pointing to his office.

"Of course" Malcolm mumbles

Harry goes into his office, slides the door shut and pulls the blinds closed. Zaf wheels himself over to Ruth's desk.

"Go and see him Ruth…"

"I don't know… it looks like he wants to be alone"

"He needs you Ruth"

"Does he? It's hard to tell…."

"More than anyone I'd say."

"Really? Well I'll just pop my head round the door then, see if he wants a cup of tea."

Ruth softly knocks on Harry's door before sliding it open. Harry is stood behind his desk, naked from the waist up.

"Harry..I….oh, um…..sorry"

Harry pulls out a freshly wrapped shirt from his desk drawer and completely nonplussed looks up at Ruth.

"Ruth."

"I..um, just wondered if you'd like a cup of tea?"

"Not really, I was about to open a bottle of Scotch once I'd got changed"

"Oh right well, I'll um...leave you to it then" Ruth stutters unable to draw her eyes away from Harry's chest.

Harry, smiling a little at Ruth's obviousness, nods to the chair.

"Want one?" he says pointing to the drinks tray

"Um…"

"Just give me second to get these blasted plastic hooks off this shirt and I'll be with you."

"Let me…"

Ruth closes the door behind her and gingerly steps closer to half-dressed Harry. She holds out her hand and takes the shirt from him. She slowly pulls the plastic clips away from the cuffs and removes the cardboard insert. She carefully pulls the pins out of the collar before unthreading the plastic strip holding it stiff. All of these actions are done carefully and extremely slowly. The deliciousness of Harry's half-naked form is far too enjoyable to be rushed!

"Take your time Ruth! I am feeling a little vulnerable here" Harry says folding his arms high above his chest, purposefully covering his nipples.

"You invited me in…." smiles Ruth, looking up at him and handing him back his shirt

"Thank you Ruth"

Pulling it on he has to undo his trousers to tuck the shirt in, Ruth blushes slightly when she spies his underwear. Was that polka dots she saw?

"Right, Scotch." Harry sighs opening a new bottle of Ardbeg. He pours a generous measure into both glasses and hands one to Ruth.

"What a bloody day" he growls knocking back half the tumbler in one go.

"Bloody awful day…. "Ruth agrees, sipping her drink. Waiting for Harry to say something, maybe the thing he was trying to say earlier Ruth keeps quiet. The sound of Harry's phone breaks the brief silence between them.

"Pearce!"

Harry's face softens as the call progresses and breaks into the smallest smile as he hangs up.

"Adam's going to be OK. Shoulder wound, couple of days in hospital and he'll be fine."

"Good news"

Harry knocks back the last of his Scotch and stands to get another. He is quiet, too quiet. Ruth, her drink barely touched stands too and sets her glass down on Harry's desk

"Well….if there's nothing else Harry I'll…"

"Wait. Ruth..I…."

"Yes Harry?"

"The thing we were talking about earlier.."

"About the lie I told?"

"Yes...and …and how I couldn't bear the thought of it being true"

"What about it Harry?"

"I heard everything you said to Angela. I was just outside the door. You were so…so, convincing."

"Born Spook you said"

"Yes… but apart from being so completely impressed at your acting skills.."

"My lying you mean!"

"Well..yes…I found myself feeling.. well, something else"

Ruth moves closer to Harry, the Scotch on his breath fills her senses. They stand millimetres apart, hands at their sides waiting for Harry's confession.

"Something else?"

XXX-XXX

Come on Harry, get on with it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply