Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When do you think S10 will be on Netflix?
24-07-2011, 05:30 AM
When do you think S10 will be on Netflix?
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this and I apologize if it isn't.

I was just wondering when do you think S10 will be on Netflix? I know its a bit early to ask this (especially since S10 hasn't started in the UK yet), but I was just curious because I just finished S9 and its going to take my PBS station a long time before it will show S10 (if it does...). Does it usually take a long time for a season to be shown on Netflix after being broadcasted in the UK? Thanks! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2011, 05:17 AM
RE: When do you think S10 will be on Netflix?
S9 made its way onto Netflix on April 1 of this year, so I'd imagine it'd be much the same for S10 next year. Though it all depends on licensing. It seems PBS owns the US rights, so I don't think it'll be shown on Netflix before they get a chance to broadcast it on PBS. Hopefully, PBS will not keep us waiting too long! Wish BBC America could help us out here much like what they've done for "Doctor Who", "The Hour" and "Luther".

Harry: If there’s one thing I’m grateful for in life, it’s my sunny disposition.
14-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I get 3 PBS stations where I live. I am still waiting for series 8 and 9 to be broadcast and I can forget about series 10. On Netflix, most of the important scenes between Harry and Ruth were absent up to series 8. These scenes were shown on PBS. The only laughable action by PBS was to put opaque squares over certain body parts or on Colin's finger when he flashed the bird in the Eerie exercise.

I thought that BBCAmerica owned the rights to MI-5, which explains the deleted scenes to allow space for commercials. The fanvids helped me until I received my S9 DVD directly from Amazon.co.uk. I will do the same with S10.

It is frustrating that we cannot watch online any TV program in any part of the world for a fee. It seems to me that there are ways to watch an episode of Spooks shortly after its airing, but I have not yet figured out how to do it. Any suggestion is welcome.

I am through with ranting.
14-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, I need to get S10 quickly too. Can't wait for the number of times it takes for the world to revolve until Spooks comes down under. There must be a wayVueltasss
14-08-2011, 02:41 PM
My solution: find a way to get a UK IP address. That way you can watch anything on the BBC iPlayer, whether it's live or catch-up. It's revolutionized my life. Smile

Harry: If there’s one thing I’m grateful for in life, it’s my sunny disposition.
14-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Thank you for the advice. Now I just have to ask my son to do it for me. I am too technologically ignorant. As a European in the States, I am looking forward to revolutionize my life. What would we do without our forum friends?
14-08-2011, 06:19 PM
No problem! Here's the service I used...

http://www.ukivpn.com/

It's not free, but it works really well. (There are others out there, too.) I've been happily catching up on British telly for the last few months, and it's completely been worth the cost!

Am planning to watch the premiere of S10 with a few friends and a bottle of wine come September!

14-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank you very much. I do appreciate your help. Even I can figure out by myself how to use the VPN Service. I do not mind the fee as long as I can watch Spooks and the other British TV shows.
15-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I have used hidemyass.com for 12$ a month and works perfect! Hope it still does when Spooks airs...LOL
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Thank you for your advice. If the other website does not work, I will use your suggestion. I really appreciate this thread.