Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation #2
22-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation #2
Carrying on from the other Rumours and Speculation thread.....

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2011, 09:59 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation #2
I posted a message in the old thread late last night in reply to Gillymac, but it seems to have disappeared when the thread was closed so will repost as best I can remember. In regards to RPJ's twitter comments
Series 10 Spoiler: show
I wonder whether in fact it will be Tom who dies? Perhaps this is why his appearance will only be brief? Maybe in true Spooks style, it is the twist that no one is expecting because most people seem to expect a current Grid member like Ruth or Harry to die. I always liked Tom, but if it came to a choice,I'd save R & H instead Smile Although the summary 'Harry will surely avert a national disaster, but not without the greatest personal sacrifice he has ever known,' on the bbc site makes me worried Sad

"Perhaps the selfsame song that found a path
Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home,
She stood in tears amid the alien corn...."
22-10-2011, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 10:03 AM by loladom.)
I'm sticking with my theory that the in the end we see
Harry die, except he isn't really dead. And in the last few seconds we'll see him in exile somewhere, preferably with Ruth. I also think the 'trusted Gavrick' in league with Russian group is in fact Elena. Not long until we see.

Last minute thoughts anyone?
22-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Well...

My money is on Harry - I've reconciled myself to it. As much as I love him, his death would be preferable to the alternative as far as I'm concerned. Of course, if it was Ruth (two series too late imo), that would leave Kudos' options open to bring Harry back at some point in the future with a (relatively) clean slate and at least minus all the baggage that saw him written into a corner and spelt the inevitable end of Spooks

The latter being my dream scenario, the former being the more likely one I suspect.

[Image: Harrysig.jpg]
22-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Scarlet there is a post of yours amongst the last couple before the thread was closed. About 12 hours old.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
22-10-2011, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 12:01 PM by Scarlet.)
(22-10-2011 11:55 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Scarlet there is a post of yours amongst the last couple before the thread was closed. About 12 hours old.

Yes, I've seen that one - it was the one after. I think it was the last one, although I've been having problems seeing some of the recent posts too so might be a caching problem again? I'm sure it was posted successfully. Nevermind, not the end of the world, like tomorrow will feel like Smile

22-10-2011, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 12:15 PM by loladom.)
My other thoughts on RJP twitter is that perhaps we see
Ilya die. At Elena's hand.

Whilst killing off Harry would force a definitive ending, it would also place Kudos in danger of fans not being able to re-watch ie DVD sales. Of course if he lives, there is always that temptation to open the files again... No, I'm sticking to the faked death theory Smile

As to HArry's personal cost, I'm guessing that's attacking and possibly killing Sacha and using him as leverage over Elena. I think he will hate himself for doing that. I'm not speculating on H&R any more, I just want Harry to live.
22-10-2011, 12:18 PM
(22-10-2011 12:15 PM)loladom Wrote:  My other thoughts on RJP twitter is that perhaps we see
Ilya die. At Elena's hand.

Whilst killing off Harry would force a definitive ending, it would also place Kudos in danger of fans not being able to re-watch ie DVD sales. Of course if he lives, there is always that temptation to open the files again... No, I'm sticking to the faked death theory Smile

As to HArry's personal cost, I'm guessing that's attacking and possibly killing Sacha and using him as leverage over Elena. I think he will hate himself for doing that. I'm not speculating on H&R any more, I just want Harry to live.

I hope you are right Loladom. I would never be more happy than to be proved wrong in this instance!

22-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Regarding RJP's tweet:

No question there will be a death - but it could be a "fake" one and we see the character/s enjoying life afterwards!
22-10-2011, 12:49 PM
(22-10-2011 12:30 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  Regarding RJP's tweet:

No question there will be a death - but it could be a "fake" one and we see the character/s enjoying life afterwards!

Good point, yes, much like Ruth's leaving in series 5. That was done brilliantly.