Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A-levels/GCSEs anyone?
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
A-levels/GCSEs anyone?
Is anyone on here doing their GCSEs/A-levels/similar thing on here? (For non-Brits, if you don't know, GCSEs are something everyone in Britain has to take in year 11, so roughly 16 years old, ASs are in year 12, so 17 years old, and A2s in year 13, so 18. AS+A2=A level... Very confusing at first.)

I've just done my GCSEs and am doing Maths, Geography, Physics, Chemistry and Critical Thinking.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2009, 10:14 PM
RE: A-levels/GCSEs anyone?
I'm doing a degree.. I have happily left GCSEs and A-Levels behind me.. although GCSEs were easy.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2009, 04:14 PM
... They weren't that easy!!! Well, actually, they were quite, although I did not do that well in one of my science modules because I panicked... but A-levels aren't exactly much harder! I don't know why everyone says it's such a big jump, because really it isn't. There's just more outside learning that you're expected to do.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
07-10-2009, 04:16 PM
It is a big jump when you cruise through GCSEs doing next to no work and still getting As... after doing that actually having to work for A-level is a big jump. lol

07-10-2009, 04:19 PM
lol, I suppose. But I'm actually enjoying work more... except when moles come up in Chemistry or vectors in Physics. Angry

07-10-2009, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 04:26 PM by Tranquility.)
I'm finding it a big jump at the mo, I cruised my GCSEs, just doing enough work to get good grades and the volume of work is stressing me out already lol especially in chemistry and History Confused

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
07-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Well Chemistry is one of the hardest A-Levels.. shortly behind Maths & Physics.. but the credit you will get for doing a proper A-level outways all cons of doing the subject.

07-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I only like the proper (otherwise known as hard, lol) subjects though, which is good, I suppose.

You're doing an essay subject! Have fun... Ok, yes Geography is essay as well, but fewer essays than history!

07-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm doing geograph and history along with biol and chem. I started doing maths, which I loved at GCSE but the teacher I'd been given this year has hated me all through school so I dropped it on impulse after a particularly nasty lesson. I probably shouldn't have done that but I'm still not regretting it.

I hated physics with a passion and didn't really try through GCSE so I came out with a B. blech. I love the space parts though, it's fascinating. I wish I could have just carried on with that and left out all the nasty bits Tongue

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
07-10-2009, 04:53 PM
lol, so do I! Horrible moments...