Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi, greetings from Italy ...
15-10-2009, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2009 12:49 PM by saronno.)
Hi, greetings from Italy ...
... Big Grin

A very good forum about a show that simply rocks!!

It's a shame that no channel airs this fantastic show in Italy (the italian version could be watched only on satellite).

I'm tired about unreal american shows ... In my opinion Spooks is the best show ever made.

In the meantime italians made a espionage show ..... very pathetic, absolutely no match.
They called it "intelligence" with Raul Bova ....

I used to watch Alias and 24 ... but, sincerely .... how could they just tried to compare them to Spooks?

24 is ridicolus .... Jack Bauer is superman ... it solved everything everytime ... and Alias ... with that Rambaldi thing and spy family theme ... come on!!

It said a lot the fact Spooks doesn't have the success it deserve in the U.S. .... Americans needs superheroes and someone who says them they are invulnerable .. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2009, 12:43 PM
RE: Hi, greetings from Italy ...
Hi Saronno and welcome !

I think Spooks does have its fans in the US but I suspect that it doesnt do as well over there compared to the rest of the world because it does contain at times quite anti-american sentiment. This doesnt tend to go down well with some Amercians or their TV networks. As for the British, we love a good show that slags off our Government and makes us all look like a bunch of baffoons. I hope the word baffoon translates into Italian.....welcome again.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I agree totally with your views on 24 !!
15-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Welcome! Glad you have you around.

As an American fan, I partially agree with you.

While I do enjoy 24, I much prefer Spooks. I'm actually a bigger fan of the earlier series because it was much more realistic to me than even the later series.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2009, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2009 01:56 PM by Nitrus.)
Welcome to the forums!

It's always nice to open our doors to people who appreciate Spooks for what it is.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
15-10-2009, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2009 12:48 PM by saronno.)
(15-10-2009 12:43 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Hi Saronno and welcome !

I think Spooks does have its fans in the US but I suspect that it doesnt do as well over there compared to the rest of the world because it does contain at times quite anti-american sentiment. This doesnt tend to go down well with some Amercians or their TV networks. As for the British, we love a good show that slags off our Government and makes us all look like a bunch of baffoons. I hope the word baffoon translates into Italian.....welcome again.

Yes, you are right. But I'm a romantic and I still hope americans could be a bit more critics with their government and less superficial with the others having so more comprehension for critics.
However I have nothing with americans, they have their merits too.
(15-10-2009 01:24 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Welcome! Glad you have you around.

As an American fan, I partially agree with you.

While I do enjoy 24, I much prefer Spooks. I'm actually a bigger fan of the earlier series because it was much more realistic to me than even the later series.

Spoiler: show
Understandable. The end of the last season was spectacular but lacking of realism. It was bit out of line how they introduce the nuclear attack ... a more realistic backgroud and a slower escalation should have been better.

Carter's death was a bit too heroic and stupid.

Instead I like a lot Connie and the Pilgrim .. very good double agent (old school) and also the episode regarding Conrad. Lucas and Ros in Russia was also very good and of course Sugarhorse and Thyrisias conspiracies.

(15-10-2009 01:56 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Welcome to the forums!
It's always nice to open our doors to people who appreciate Spooks for what it is.

Thanks.
16-10-2009, 02:49 PM
saronno,

Great insights.

Please be mindful of spoilers.

Thanks

16-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Hello! I (and everyone else here!!!) obviously agree that Spooks is the best spy tv show by far Wink

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
19-10-2009, 12:47 PM
(16-10-2009 02:49 PM)bertowud Wrote:  saronno,

Great insights.

Please be mindful of spoilers.

Thanks

I'm sorry, I tought spoilers were about future things.
To think, you are absolutely right. Somebody could start to watch Spooks at anytime and so it's correct to use spoiler quotes also for things regarding past seasons.
19-10-2009, 01:47 PM
(19-10-2009 12:47 PM)saronno Wrote:  I'm sorry, I tought spoilers were about future things.
To think, you are absolutely right. Somebody could start to watch Spooks at anytime and so it's correct to use spoiler quotes also for things regarding past seasons.

No worries. I don't think they've actually aired any seasons past 3 in a number of countries, including the US.

We try to keep things that happened in a season in the section for that season or later.

Also, use your best judgment in the Characters and Actors section.

Thanks