Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What music are you into?
04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
zzMusic What music are you into?
So what music does everyone listen to? Personally I don't stick to one genre, it's all about the individual song.

These are a few artists who I really like though:

Pendulum
Audioslave
Prodigy
Kasabian
Cherry Ghost

So what do you listen to?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2009, 12:55 PM
RE: What music are you into?
Right now I'm listening to a variety of artists Mat Kearney, Snow Patrol, Band of Horses.
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2009, 01:00 PM
(07-08-2009 12:55 PM)Bruno411 Wrote:  Right now I'm listening to a variety of artists Mat Kearney, Snow Patrol, Band of Horses.

Gotta love a bit of Snow Patrol!

I'm listening to White Lies, Sugar Hill Gang Tongue

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
07-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm into a bit of everything but my favourites are
Muse
The Prodigy
Pendulum (seeing them next year!! Big Grin)
Florence and the Machine
Bloc Party
Jack Johnson

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
07-08-2009, 08:28 PM
My musical tastes are very varied, I suppose I love it all, really can't imagine my life without music I'm always getting in to trouble from my hubby for playing music excessively loud Confused at the moment I'm into 80's stuff courtesy of Ashes to Ashes in fact I think that was my fav musical decade, loving Roxy Music mucho right now! but more modern stuff includes Pink ( who was fabulously gorgeous when I seen her in April!) Prodigy, Lady Gaga, Lily Allen, Foo Fighters ( also fab live) plus many more....the list is endless!!!!

[Image: mybanner4a8745373c475.jpg]
08-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Musicals, for example, Evgeniy Onegin, Romeo and Juliet, Metro, Notre-Dame de Paris
08-10-2009, 05:30 AM
I'm a classically trained musician, working in the music world but I rarely listen to 'classical' music. I have very little on my iPod - A couple of Tchaikovsky ballets and in complete contrast a recording of The Sixteen and that is it! I discovered musicals about 9 years ago and am particularly passionate about Cole Porter's music. Forget Andrew Lloyd Webber though. Not my thing.
The 4 bands I listen to most on my iPod are Pendulum, Okkervil River, Hadouken and Rush.
08-10-2009, 11:55 AM
One of my favourite classical artist is Ludovico Einaudi, don't get to listen to that much classical music.
08-10-2009, 12:36 PM
(08-10-2009 11:55 AM)HellsBells Wrote:  One of my favourite classical artist is Ludovico Einaudi, don't get to listen to that much classical music.

That's seriously Spooky. I'd never heard of him until yesterday when I started working on a programme for an orchestra that I work for.
08-10-2009, 02:03 PM
(08-10-2009 02:43 AM)Marine Wrote:  Musicals, for example, Evgeniy Onegin, Romeo and Juliet, Metro, Notre-Dame de Paris

Notre Dame de Paris? LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
i only have a dvd of the original french production but in 2001 when my family was in Paris for 4 days i got to see a smaller scale production of it and i was SOOO happy because i had been obsessed with it for about 6 months before that! Big Grin
But my two fave musicals are Wicked and Aida (Tim Rice/Elton John one)....neither of which i have actually seen a live performace of - only bootlegs!

ANYWAYS i like a lot of different music.

I went through a phase of loving popular japanese music and lingering on from that my two fave artists are both from Japan - Bonnie Pink and Olivia Lufkin. They both do a mix of japanese and english songs so even though i have forgotten 99% of the japanese i DID learn i can at least understand some of their stuff.
But yeah - my japanese music obsession meant i have been out of the loop for years on current popular music.

In recent months i went through a bit of a Muse phase but it waned before the new album came out. i bought it but havent given it a decent listen to become obsessed yet.

I blame all recent moronic behaviour of mine on Richard Armitage - he mention in some interview he kind of liked a band called The Feeling and i had never heard of them so i downloaded some songs and fell in love and have been listening to them a LOT in the last few weeks.

other musicians i love - Lisa Germano, Imogen Heap, keane, voice of the beehive, Yelle, Dashboard Confessional (well just teh album Dusk and Summer), Jason Manns, Steve Carlosn (those two arent very well known - friends of Jensen Ackles from Supernatural)

A few fave japanese artists - Utada Hikaru (known as UTADA in the west), Daisuke Asakura, Gackt, Hyde, Iceman.

Lots of other stuff though. Thats just my primary and or recent faves.

"But, predictably, I never got further than furtive hamming in the full-length mirror, striking Napoleon poses and mouthing Machiavellian catchphrases."~Necrotriva vs Skull