Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zaf & Jo?
01-11-2009, 09:40 PM
zzThumbs Up Zaf & Jo?
I always thought that they'd make a good couple, I'm sure they lived together for a while didn't they? I know that Razza and Miranda are married in real life so I suppose that influenced my thoughts on the subject... did anyone else ever think this?

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2009, 02:40 AM
RE: Zaf & Jo?
Yes they would have made a cute couple. They were interviewed together in the series 4 extras and were extremely cute together - if you haven't seen it you should.

And we don't know whether they lived together. Zaf asked Jo a couple of times in Series 4 but we never found out whether she accepted or not. I always thought the reason why they didn't go there was because at the start of series 5 you had Harry/ Ruth and Ros/ Adam going on so to have another couple would be a bit twee.

But I did find it a bit odd that in series 5 every second episode Ros went off to seduce someone and they never sent Jo off to do the same thing when she was so much more pretty. Ros was attractive enough I suppose but even then she looked about 40 and it always amused me that the scriptwriters always had the men falling all over her in a way that wasn't particularly credible.
02-11-2009, 03:27 AM
I think it was a combination of things. It might have been a bit twee to get them together as it's possible they started dating very soon after they met, and so the writers might have decided not to exploit that in the same way they never got Matthew and Keeley together on the show. Then there are the time constraints - allanah is right, in season 5 there were already two romantic relationships being played out, along with Adam's PTSD, and although the personal lives of the characters were explored more fully this season across the cast, not simply for the main male lead, there was kind of enough to deal with alongside the complex storylines and plots being developed.

Just re: Ros vs. Jo going out on honeytrap missions. I don't think it's about looks somuch as savvy. Think of how protective everyone is of Jo in putting her into those positions, not just in season 5 but
Spoiler: show
but also again in season 6.
The writers are more inclined to have women use their sexuality obliquely, the way Jo or Zoe have done. There are obvious exceptions to this rule, but by and large I suspect it's something neither the show nor the Service in real life want to exploit too much, for different reasons.
12-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Would absolutely make a good couple, but what I want to know is did Jo ever agree to move in with him??? Seriously, he spends goodness-knows how many episodes asking her, and then they go and cut the scene when she apparently says yes!! *grrr*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2010, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2010 01:09 PM by JHyde.)
For some odd reason, Spooks has always had difficulty with supporting character relationships.

Danny and Sam. Zaf and Jo.
Series 6 Spoiler: show
Jo and Ben.

The writers seem to come up with an idea for a relationship, and then just drop it before it even begins.

[Image: action-adam.jpg]
Thanks Tyger!
12-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Personally, I'm glad of that, because all of those relationships would have been really naff.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
12-02-2010, 04:29 PM
I agree with that, except for Zaf and Jo, because I've read two many fanfics with the two of them not to love the idea of them together Heart
27-06-2010, 04:06 PM
i always saw them a little like danny and zoe with again the unrequited comming more from Zaf than Jo. we didnt find out if they lived together! but they were close!

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
27-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I think it was mentioned in one of the commentaries that they did have a scene where she finally said she'd move in with him, but it was cut :/

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
27-06-2010, 06:34 PM
its an odd one isnt it, it seems like a good idea that they did live together because lets face it they dont have the easiest of job ant at the moment where im up to it seems one of them keeps getting hurt each mission!

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's