Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How could Spooks Forum improve?
05-08-2009, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 09:13 AM by Nitrus.)
zzQuestion How could Spooks Forum improve?
What do you think of the forum? What would you like to change? Is there something that puts you off posting or being an active member?

Please, share your thoughts & opinions.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2009, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2009 01:32 PM by Juliet Delta.)
RE: How could Spooks Forum improve?
Is there anyway you could make the posts that are new, highlighted? I dont know about anyone else buy I find it very difficult unless I subscribe to every thread and it's rapidly filling up my inbox to know what is new and what's not. Smile

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
21-08-2009, 01:33 PM
You could click the "View New Posts" or "View Today's Posts" under the UserCP link.

That's what me & the staff use.

21-08-2009, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2009 01:51 PM by bertowud.)
The other thing I've done is setup a folder in my email strictly for emails from the spooks forum and created a rule to automatically move the spooks forum emails into that folder.
But I live in the today's post section as Nitrus suggests.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
27-08-2009, 03:20 PM
You might avoid sending E-mails to members who have posted telling them they haven't. Made me feel very welcome - not!
Find all posts by this user
27-08-2009, 03:21 PM
(27-08-2009 03:20 PM)Alpha One Wrote:  You might avoid sending E-mails to members who have posted telling them they haven't. Made me feel very welcome - not!

What? I'm not aware of sending any such email...

Mmm.. i'll go over the logs...

27-08-2009, 03:36 PM
It appears Spooks Forum has suffered a malfunction concerning the Mass Mail system. The cause is as of yet, unknown.

However the damage is severe.

I am working on finding the root of the malfunction & extend my sincere apologies to all members who were affected.

01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
You know the emails that we get sent if we subscribe to a thread? Well the spoiler tags don't work on them, so I accidentally read part of a spoiler. Would it be possible to make the spoiler tags work on emails?

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
01-09-2009, 06:54 PM
(01-09-2009 06:51 PM)almh Wrote:  You know the emails that we get sent if we subscribe to a thread? Well the spoiler tags don't work on them, so I accidentally read part of a spoiler. Would it be possible to make the spoiler tags work on emails?

Unfortunately, since all the emails are in plain text, I have no control over how it is displayed. So spoilers cannot be hidden in emails.

But if you don't want to know any spoilers, then you shouldn't read or reply to threads with them in. That's what most members do. If they want to avoid spoilers, they avoid the threads which contain them.

That way, you won't get emails about those threads.

01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
(01-09-2009 06:54 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(01-09-2009 06:51 PM)almh Wrote:  You know the emails that we get sent if we subscribe to a thread? Well the spoiler tags don't work on them, so I accidentally read part of a spoiler. Would it be possible to make the spoiler tags work on emails?

Unfortunately, since all the emails are in plain text, I have no control over how it is displayed. So spoilers cannot be hidden in emails.

But if you don't want to know any spoilers, then you shouldn't read or reply to threads with them in. That's what most members do. If they want to avoid spoilers, they avoid the threads which contain them.

That way, you won't get emails about those threads.

Thanks for replying, but I didn't know that there would be any spoilers in the thread! It was a thread about Tessa, and someone posted a possible spoiler up. But thank you for letting me know Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.