Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks fic for a year - WB 16/11/09
17-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Spooks fic for a year - WB 16/11/09
Ok, I might stop uploading them up here, just because it seems like I'm the only one uploading any fanfiction! It sort of looks strange that most of the entries are mine... So anyway, if you want to read the rest they'll still be on my fanfiction page, the link to which is on my user area. Ok, so here is the story. It's called Statistics, set post 8.3 so spoilers for that episode.

"No..." she whispered, and slowly backed her way of his office. She just got outside, just far enough away from him when she broke down. She rested against the wall, trying not to cry. It hurt too much. She couldn't stop. One by one she was losing everyone. Jo, heroic to the last. Nico, taken away from her, somewhere safe. Safe without her. George, shot because of her, killed because of her, dead because of her. Malcolm - now retired, gone to lead a happy life, one that kept him out of contact with everyone on the Grid. And Harry... Harry had never seemed so distant, so far away than then. The pain of the last few weeks intensified, it was so painful, too painful. That people in the future wouldn't know who Jo was, wouldn't know that Jo had saved their lives on countless occasions. She just became a statistic. Born 1977, died 2009.

He could hear her crying again. It always seemed to be his fault that she was upset. She broke down the walls of his heart and made the pain of the loss feel ten times worse. Jo... Jo had been a great member of the team, a well rounded person who had made it through everything that had been thrown at her... until now. She now would just become a file to most people in MI5, a closed file at that. One that listed her achievements and failures in black and white, no emotion attached. One that didn't mention how she had supported the team, and had gone from strength to strength. In a years time, when most in MI5 thought of Joanna Portman, it would be the cruel facts and figures of her life. Born 1977, died 2009.

Every person they lost, every person that was taken from them was much more than a statistic. They were a friend, a colleague, a saviour in times of need. And they would never be forgotten. Because they were worth much more than that.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2009, 04:20 PM
RE: Spooks fic for a year - WB 16/11/09
Almh, that again is wonderful writing, you should be really proud. I personally like you posting on here, does it matter that you are the only one ? Perhaps you will inspire others to have a go !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
18-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Thank you Smile

It just feels a bit strange, being the only one on here. But if you would still like me to upload on here then I will Smile But don't say that just because you want to be polite - I really don't mind.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
18-11-2009, 06:09 PM
No, keep posting -- they're good. Thanks.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
18-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I love them! I'm working on something currently, and will post in a few days or so. You will be lonely no more! (At least not in this thread. I can't guarantee anything in real life.)

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
18-11-2009, 06:35 PM
lol.

Thank you Smile

18-11-2009, 07:12 PM
That was great! Too short, I want more!! Wink I like your post-episode fan fics, as it completes the epi.

Please, upload them here, I love reading them, and probably if you don't do it here, I wouldn't read your fanfic (I would forget to search for them, I'm very absentminded Tongue

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva