Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] Tipping Future Spooks Events
18-11-2009, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2009 02:09 PM by JHyde.)
[spoilers] Tipping Future Spooks Events
This thread may contain spoilers if you're not up to date with the show, that is, the last episode shown in the UK.

If I were the head of a crime gambling syndicate that Harry had infiltrated, these are the odds I would be offering on things that may or may not happen in ensuing episodes of the show. It's also because I'm a bored, compulsive statistician.

That Harry and Ruth will become involved intimately before the end of Series 8 - 5:1

That Ruth and Harry will share a kiss before the end of Series 8 - 3:1

That Series 8 is the last series of the show: 5:1

That Tom or Zoe will make a return appearance - 100:1

That Juliet Shaw or Oliver Mace will reappear in Season 8 - 60:1

That Sarah Caulfield will die: 6:1

That the phrase "dirty bomb" will not be uttered more than 3 times in Series 8 - 8:1

That another member of Section D will die in Season 8 - 7:1 (I will also include Malcolm should he return at any point this season.)

Feel free to comment or add your own odds.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2009, 03:45 PM
RE: [spoilers] Tipping Future Spooks Events
I forgot to add that I did win my own 3:1 odds on Jo exiting the show in episode 3, which was not confirmed.

18-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh dear JHyde, you actually did it!!!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
26-11-2009, 05:06 AM
After episode 4, I reckon my odds on Sarah possibly being killed look even better for the punter. Will she meet a messy end? I know some of you are hoping so!

26-11-2009, 04:05 PM
She may meet a messy end or maybe she will swap sides and rejoin the good guys (she is devious enough!), what do you think ?

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
26-11-2009, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2009 05:28 PM by lwhite53.)
(26-11-2009 04:05 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  She may meet a messy end or maybe she will swap sides and rejoin the good guys (she is devious enough!), what do you think ?

Nah, she's too far gone to swap sides -- she's already killed her CIA boss. Remember what those guys have done in previous eps to their own when they've gone over to the dark side -- not pretty!Confused

Christine 2.0 is a goner, just depends on who gets to her first. Here's one time I'm actually looking forward to an ugly painful death, preceded at some point by a nice little one-on-one interrogation by Harry!Angry
(18-11-2009 02:07 PM)JHyde Wrote:  That Ruth and Harry will share a kiss before the end of Series 8 - 3:1
That Sarah Caulfield will die: 6:1

Feel free to comment or add your own odds.

I'd move both of these to even odds (love oxymorons!), at this point.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
27-11-2009, 12:17 PM
(26-11-2009 04:33 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Christine 2.0 is a goner, just depends on who gets to her first. Here's one time I'm actually looking forward to an ugly painful death, preceded at some point by a nice little one-on-one interrogation by Harry!Angry
I just love that idea !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
27-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Seconded or thirded or whatever!! Wink

I would say that Juliet will appear in this series, perhaps in the last episode.

HR kiss in the last episode too.

I'd love Tom or Zoe appeared but I don't think so

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
27-11-2009, 06:27 PM
(27-11-2009 12:17 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Christine 2.0 is a goner, just depends on who gets to her first. Here's one time I'm actually looking forward to an ugly painful death, preceded at some point by a nice little one-on-one interrogation by Harry!Angry

Oooh, I wonder who's going to kill her! I don't really get the whole betting thing, but I'll have a go at doing odds Tongue

Who's gonna kill Christine?

Harry - 50:1
Lucas - 5:1
Other Grid person - 75:1
CIA/American - 5:1
Someone from the organisation that she may or may not be involved in, I dunno if she is - 3:1
Lucas fan girl - 1:1!!! (ok, joking about that one.)

Did I get the whole odds thing right? I have no idea what I'm really doing, just putting numbers in, and the lower the number the more likely it is, right?

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
27-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I think so! I didn't put odds in mine, I was only chating about what JHyde, I'm very bad at predicting...

I bet she gets shot by accident in a shooting

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva