Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you find the Spooks Forum?
20-11-2009, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2009 12:55 AM by bertowud.)
How did you find the Spooks Forum?
I'll start.

I was tweeting to a comic book podcast host about Spooks (he's the only other American fan that I personally know) and Nitrus replied to me about the forum. I was the third person to join.

I was the first person to respond to Nitrus' first recruitment drive for a moderator and he's been regretting it ever since.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2009, 01:23 AM
RE: How did you find the Spooks Forum?
After watching the box sets of series 1-6 in a week-long spooks fest, went googling to see if additional series had ever been made -- discovered both series 7 and spooks forum. One of my more successful google experiences!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
20-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Beautiful! And we're glad you found us.

20-11-2009, 01:45 AM
I would tell the story about how I found this forum, but.....

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
20-11-2009, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2009 01:53 AM by femaleBertieWooster.)
(20-11-2009 01:23 AM)lwhite53 Wrote:  After watching the box sets of series 1-6 in a week-long spooks fest, went googling to see if additional series had ever been made -- discovered both series 7 and spooks forum. One of my more successful google experiences!

Me too, and I'm pretty sure it came up on page one of the search. I put off joining for a few weeks because I didn't want to have access to spoilers.

Until today, I honestly thought that the forum had been running for years, since the beginning of the program.

And wow bertowud, number three!
(20-11-2009 01:45 AM)Nitrus Wrote:  I would tell the story about how I found this forum, but.....

You were staring at a blank TV screen getting jittery about whether or not your obsession had gone the way of all flesh. Then you decided to apply some serious fan pressure. You then wended your way to your trusty computer and . . . .

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
20-11-2009, 06:47 AM
lol.

I think that Tranquility told me about the forum, but I really can't remember now...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
20-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I've been trying to remember all day (on and off, I did do other things) how I found this forum, and I think I've got it. I'm pretty sure I was just desperately trying to find somewhere that might help me find a start date for series 8.

So theoretically I could just rack off now Smile

Kind of stuck around to talk about one of my favourite shows and maybe make some new cyber buddies though, which is working out OK.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
20-11-2009, 09:30 AM
(20-11-2009 06:47 AM)almh Wrote:  lol.

I think that Tranquility told me about the forum, but I really can't remember now...

Yeah, I think you were actively recruited by Tranquility when we were trying to get a fan fiction area going.

It's still there. I think the fan fiction contest is still going too.

20-11-2009, 12:19 PM
After watching the whole summer series 1 to 7 (I was "locked in" studying for my civil servant exam, so I didn't go out much, and every night was a Spooks night Tongue) I googled (can I say that?) spooks and I found this and the other forum, but I like the outlay of this one better so here I am Smile

TBH, as lwhite53, I put off my registration in order not to read spoilers

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
20-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I think I just did a web search for anything Spooks and this forum came up. Not very exciting, but the truth ! I was a bit nervous about joining a forum but you are all so wonderful, it's great here.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright