Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 1 - Last Time Catch-Up
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2009 12:05 AM by bertowud.)
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 1 - Last Time Catch-Up
SPOILERS UP UNTIL 8.6. Ok, this is a multi-part fic about how 8.8 could go. I haven't read any spoilers for it, so I have no idea what will happen so this is just a random piece of fanfiction. This is the first chapter - the catch-up sequence that is shown at the beginning of each episode, just to make sure everyone is singing from the same song sheet. I've written it just so everyone knows what's cannon in my story, and what imaginary events have also taken place in my series so far. The -=- means cut to.

----

She grabbed her boss, throwing him over the railings. She heard the thud as he hit the ground. She stared at his body. Lifeless. She felt little remorse.

-=-

Ros lay in her bed, desperately seeking the sleep that she both needed and feared. Every time she allowed her eyes to close, she saw Jo's face. Every time she started to drift away (hoping for a dreamless sleep,) she heard the gunshot repeated again and again. She could almost feel the gun in her hands.

-=-

They sat together, alone, in the quietest, most private part of the bar they could find. Ruth didn't really know why the other woman brought her here.

"I can't do this any more," Ros started, her blunt honesty surprising Ruth. Ros was never one for dealing with emotions. "I can't... I can't deal with all this death." Her broken voice and unshed tears gave Ruth an indication of how badly the last few years had affected Ros. Suddenly Ros looked her straight in the eye. "Is this normal? Is it really meant to hurt this much? Am I meant to feel this alone?"

"You're not alone -"

"It bloody well feels like I am. I barely speak to my family, my social life is non-existent, Lucas is preoccupied with sorting out Sarah, you and Harry have each other, and I'm not going to go talk to Tariq about my private life."

Ruth let out a small sigh. "I've never had Harry. There's always been something in the way -"

"Just tell him how you feel about him."

"It's not that simple -"

"It rarely is."

-=-

"Why did you kill your boss?" Lucas questioned Sarah patiently, his rage hidden.

-=-

"Why didn't you just shoot?" Sarah sobbed as she held the gun to Lucas's head.

-=-

He heard the gun click, and then a door slam. Exhausted and emotionally unstable Lucas crawled across to the wall and lay his back against it. He had lost Sarah. Sarah had never been his. Sarah had always been a traitor.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
RE: [spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 1 - Last Time Catch-Up
Good stuff.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks, almh -- terrific, as always.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
09-12-2009, 02:35 PM
What a great idea....Ros breaking down to Ruth ! Brilliant.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
It looks promising!! I'm looking forward to the episode after the opening titles Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
09-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Thank you!

The next chapter is just a pre-titles bit, you know how they normally have a teaser bit before the title sequence, so it'll be that one first Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
09-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Yes, you're right!!My head is still on holidays Tongue

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva