Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 3
10-12-2009, 08:29 PM
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 3
Oooh, we've got into the episode now Smile

Just realised that this is getting a bit like a real Spooks episode now - if you want to read a chapter ahead go onto fanfiction.net - just like BBC3! Sorry, that amused me...

----

The Grid was almost silent, a rarity. The only noise came from the eternal air-conditioning that never seemed to turn off, lighting turning carelessly discarded pages of paper over on desks. It wasn't often like this, so quiet and calm. Most days the first people arrived at 8 (and on one particularly memorable couple of weeks for Harry, 6 am to complete extra paperwork,) and Ruth was often the last to leave, staying late at work, burning the midnight oil.

Slowly, they all entered in the mornings, in dribs and drabs. Tariq entered last, but still before 8. Harry had been in his office when he noticed the geek of the Grid enter. Almost at once, as soon as Tariq had put down his coat and logged into his computer, they all departed from their desks, heading straight for the meeting room.

"Right, last night GCHQ intercepted some information from Spain," Harry started to explain, looking to Ruth briefly for support.

"The people concerned are of particular interest to us, they're rumoured to have been at the meetings in Basel," Ruth continued, clicking on the projector. Two images filled the screen. "Daniel Manzanedo and Adelia Sanchos. Both former operatives of Centro Nacional de Inteligencia."

"What was the information about?"

"A proposed attack, nothing specific, they were talking in euphemisms. But they were missing during the same five-day period that the Basel meetings went on."

"Tariq, you were working on trying to find the hotel."

"Like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'm going through the airport security footage, but it's taking a while as I don't know who I'm looking for. However, something did come up. It looks like a piece of CCTV footage at the Basel-Mulhouse Airport has been tampered with."

"Can you get the original footage back?" Ros asked.

"I'm trying, but it's an incredibly well made fake."

"Tariq, you're going to continue working on that. At the moment it's our best link to Nightingale. Ruth?"

"I know someone at GCHQ who said they'd sent over an information that they could find that could have a possible link. I was going to try and see if they've missed anything out."

He gave her an almost inconspicuous nod. "Lucas, you're with me today. Ros, you'll be in charge. Anything new, tell me immediately." Ros gave him a small nod.

Harry and Lucas left immediately, with Tariq following immediately afterwards. Ruth stood there, gathering her things. She looked up at Ros when the other woman failed to move.

"Ros? Are you alright?" Ros quickly glanced outside, and watched Harry and Lucas leave the Grid.

"Have you spoken to him yet?" She asked bluntly.

"Spoken to who yet?" Ruth asked blankly, the only hint that she knew what Ros meant was with the increased speed she gathered the rest of her files with.\

"Harry," Ros asked, "Ruth, you haven't have you?"

"We've both been busy," she said, walking out. Ros refused to take the bait, and instead followed Ruth to her desk.

"Come on, you haven't been that busy to avoid talking to someone." Ros watched as Ruth sat down at her desk already full of files from GCHQ. She paused, trying to figure out what next to do. She decided to change tack. "Fine. You're having lunch with me today."

"Lunch?" Ruth told her quietly. "I didn't know that you were really that interested in my relationships with other people,"

"I thought that's what friends did." There was a pause.

"Ok. Lunch," Ruth finally said resignedly. "Will you leave me alone till then and not keep asking me than?"

"Perhaps. I need to go anyway, I've got to meet a contact soon. So, 1, here. Oh, and let me know if you find anything new about Nightingale." Ros turned away and left briskly, completely ignoring Tariq on her way out. Tariq looked after her, his reaction one of slight hurt. Ruth smiled sympathetically at him, but quickly returned to her work.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2009, 11:56 PM
RE: [spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 3
You're right -- this IS like an ep. C'mon, I need a couple more clues, please!! Poor Tariq, only Ruth pays him any mind.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
11-12-2009, 06:45 AM
You wait until the next chapter :chuckles evilly: Just wait for the next chapter, it's already written and uploaded on FF.net, and so far my favourite review for it is "*splutters* WHAT!? No!" My favorite type of review Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I love the little details you put into this, like what time people turn up and hang coats up ! It must happen on the Grid, would just love to see it occasionally in the episodes !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
11-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes, I'm just watching it in my mind Tongue Love the Spanish link Big Grin You did a little research, didn't you?
I'm going to "watch" next chapter in "BBC3" Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
(11-12-2009 12:24 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Yes, I'm just watching it in my mind Tongue Love the Spanish link Big Grin You did a little research, didn't you?
I'm going to "watch" next chapter in "BBC3" Wink

lol Big Grin

If you count searching google for the name as research... I honestly forgot you were from spain! There is a fairly good reason for the spanish link.

11-12-2009, 06:17 PM
fairly good reason? mmmmm

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
One to ponder, as Harry would say. Tongue Actually, I'm not overly certain about the reason... You know what, actually my reason may be non-existent. Forget about it Tongue

BTW did you give me a review on fanfiction? Or was it someone else? I can't tell sorry Sad

11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes it was me Tongue I wasn't sure whether it was published or not because it took it a bit...

Pactum serva
11-12-2009, 06:32 PM
No, it is. Guessing you are Lady Lazarus Smile Thank you very much!