Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 5
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 5
I really hope I survive to the end of this story! I got an email from someone not on this forum (but believe me I am trying to persuade them!) saying to not do anything that will make them want to kill me. Oh dear. I may not make it. Wink But please keep reviewing.

---

Everyone stayed frozen. All avoided eye contact.

"We need to verify if this information is true," Ros said firmly. "Tariq, check Ruth's file." He nodded and quickly opened a new application.

"Ruth isn't a mole," Harry said decisively.

"How do we know that?" Lucas questioned. "It appears that Nightingale have moles everywhere, why not in MI5, why not in Section D?"

"I have no issue with Nightingale having the capability to have a mole or even several inside MI5, but not Ruth. I've worked with Ruth for years, she isn't a mole."

"Harry, we can't rely on trust, not with Nightingale," Lucas replied. "We can't trust anyone, anyone could betray us." Harry stared at Lucas, furious. Ros tried to rescue the situation.

"Harry, no one is saying that Ruth is a mole but we have to investigate the possibility. I suggest we set about checking if the information is correct and trying to contact Ruth, see if she knows anything about this." Harry chose to glare at Ros, until finally nodding.

He quickly brought out his phone, dialling her number. "I'm sorry that the person you are calling is not available at the moment -" he hung up.

Ros quickly moved round to her desk, quickly typing. "Ok, I've got internal CCTV." Lucas moved round behind her, Harry reluctantly following. "So she left, and turned right -" she switched views on the external camera "- Ok, she's gone to Southwark tube station, and now if we look at her Oyster card records..." Ros typed in to the computer, and waited impatiently during the couple of seconds it took to load.

"Vauxhall to Oxford Circus - that's the last recorded travel we have for her," Lucas pointed out. Harry felt uncomfortable - she hated other people being spied on. He didn't want to know how she'd react when she found out that they were watching her.

"And here she is leaving the station, turning right out of the station to go down Regent Street..." Ros continued to play with the cameras. "And the last we see of her is slightly further down Regents Street, it looks like she's going on to Beak Street."

"Ros," Tariq said. All three turned to face Tariq. "I've checked the money trail, and it looks genuine. There was an account set up by Ruth whilst in Cyprus for some reason, dated three months ago. One lump sum, nearly £5 million. And there are no records for being in Cyprus during the week of the Basel meeting." The silence was deafening. No one could really believe this was true.

"Tariq, can you do a face recognition check for Ruth in the area around Oxford Circus?" He nodded. "Ros and I will go down there -"

"I'm coming as well," Harry added firmly. There would be no compromises on this one for Harry. Lucas went to argue, but caught Ros's look and decided against.

"Fine. We'll leave as soon as everyone is ready, and go to Oxford Circus, and move on from there. Tariq, send over any new information as and when you get it." Tariq nodded, and all three quickly grabbed their coats. Lucas grabbed three guns (just to be on the safe side as he assured himself,) and Ros managed to sneak into her pocket a wire.

-=-

The mansion was set in the middle of the countryside. The one place Mace truly felt safe. His home.

He drove up to the front of his house, his usual chauffeur no longer working for him. Actually his usual chauffeur was no longer alive, but that was a minor issue.

The front door opened, and light flooded out. One person stepped out of the light, another stayed in it, the bright illumination blocking out all details of their face so they were unrecognisable. The one who stepped forwards was undisguised by the light, their features were easily visible.

"Miss Caulfield," he said in his usual slick tone.

"Mr Mace. Everyone is inside waiting for you." He continued up the steps, pecking Sarah on the cheek and shaking the hand of the man standing next to her. For one moment his face was visible. He was gone too quickly for anyone for anyone outside of the manor to be able to recognise.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2009, 12:03 AM
RE: [spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 5
(12-12-2009 09:54 PM)almh Wrote:  "I have no issue with Nightingale having the capability to have a mole or even several inside MI5, but not Ruth. I've worked with Ruth for years, she isn't a mole."

You tell 'em, Harry!!Big Grin

Mace and C2.0 -- I knew they were in cahoots.Angry

And I'm gonna' guess the unseen guy at the end is the new HS.Huh

Keep it up, almh!! You're doing great.Smile

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
13-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you Smile

Oooh, interesting guess...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
13-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh my God! She got the money while still in Cyprus!!!!!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
13-12-2009, 12:44 PM
It wasn't me, I swear!!Tongue

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
13-12-2009, 12:46 PM
What wasn't you. The email? I know it wasn't, it's from someone on ff.net, she is threatening to use Malcolm against me to hack into my computer so she can locate me... I do however have Tariq onside Tongue

13-12-2009, 12:55 PM
It would be great to have a duel: Malcolm vs. Tariq (talking about computers, of course)

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
13-12-2009, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2009 09:46 PM by lwhite53.)
(13-12-2009 10:53 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Oh my God! She got the money while still in Cyprus!!!!!

Noooo! It's not her money. Mace is setting her up!!Huh
(13-12-2009 12:55 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  It would be great to have a duel: Malcolm vs. Tariq (talking about computers, of course)

I like that! Would make a great ep.Smile
Just realized -- the dead chauffeur is/was Joshua, Ros's contact!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
13-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh I know she's being set up, just that it implies it goes back that far, and maybe even knew in advance that Harry would be kidnapped.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
13-12-2009, 09:59 PM
(13-12-2009 09:04 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Just realized -- the dead chauffeur is/was Joshua, Ros's contact!

Erm... no, no he isn't.