Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 6
13-12-2009, 03:22 PM
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 6
Oooh, the conversation with Ruth. :hides: Only 3 more chapters to go...

---

The car ride was unpleasant for all involved. As they approached the station Tariq had located Ruth - a park about 20 minutes walk away from the station.

"I'll talk to her," Harry said firmly as they neared the park.

"Harry, you're -"

"Ruth trusts me more than you -"

Ros looked at Lucas, and Lucas stared back. Lucas finally nodded, and turned back to the window. Ros sighed. "Fine. But you're wearing this." She took the wire out of her pocket. "No arguments, if you don't do it you're not going anywhere near Ruth. We need to be able to hear what she's saying to you and verify any information she gives you." He scowled at the wire, but reluctantly put it on. "Take it off and we'll come in."

"Fine," he said. The car suddenly stopped outside the park entrance.

"Tariq, are there any other exits from the park?" Ros asked him on the phone. "Ok." She hung up quickly.

"What's the plan?" Lucas asked.

"There are multiple exits from the park so we can't block off the exits with the two of us. Lucas, you approach from the other side, I'll cover your back Harry. That way if anything does happen then we'll be able to cover you. Tariq has accessed the park CCTV so we know where she is - she's on a bench on the west side of the park and has been there for around 20 minutes. Harry, you go in and talk to her, we'll remain behind as back up." All nodded.

Harry stepped out of the car, Ros following behind him.

"Give me five minutes to get round to the other side of the park," Lucas told them, jogging round the park. Harry stopped and looked impatiently at his watch.

Ros watched him with concern, but said nothing. Finally he looked up and back to the park entrance.

"She's not a mole," he told Ros firmly.

"I know. But we need to prove that she isn't, we can't take any chances. We need to find out what she knows, why she's there in the first place." He nodded, and looked back to his watch.

-=-

Tariq sat at his desk, and looked around. He once again was truly alone and felt horrendously out of place. He wasn't meant to be here. He shouldn't be so alone.

The phone rang loudly. He quickly picked it up.

"Tariq? We're moving in now, make sure you keep your eyes on the CCTV, let us know if anything happens," Ros said down the phone, before quickly hanging up.

He quickly spun round to the computer, and stared at the screen.

-=-

He walked towards her, his heart beating quicker than normal. She couldn't be a mole, she couldn't. He could see her now, sitting on a bench by herself, leaning forward. He got closer and saw the tear trails on her face.

"Ruth," he whispered. She looked up at him, and quickly rubbed her face. "Ruth."

"Let me guess, you've come to arrest me for being a mole," she said simply. "You've probably got information that I'm working for Nightingale or some other organisation and once again no one believes I'm innocent."

"I do," he whispered quietly.

She kept her eyes away from him. "Bet you're the only one."

"Ruth, no one believes you're a mole. We just need to prove it. Everyone is just concerned because you disappeared this morning."

"I went to go meet someone who had extensive knowledge on the Nightingale operation in Britain," she explained. "I should have... should have told Tariq where I was going but the information... I didn't want to believe it was true."

"What information?"

She shivered slightly. "It was... was information from a source with details... details of various meetings..."

"Meetings between who?"

"Meetings between... between..." she took her head in her hands and paused for a moment. She sat back up again. "This is Cotterdam again, it's happening all over again. And I... I don't know if I can make it through. I can't... I won't go through leaving again, because they find out and..." she stammered.

"They find out?" he questioned. "Ruth, what do you mean?"

"Ma-" He noticed the red dot on her head too late. Suddenly there was a gunshot and she collapsed forwards.

He heard Ros swear loudly in his ear piece, and vaguely heard someone calling an ambulance. Quickly he looked around, but there was no one there who was holding a gun, no one who looked guilty. Gently he lifted her off the ground, holding her body close, whispering that she was going to be alright. He could only hope that she could hear him, and would live.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2009, 06:50 PM
RE: [spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 6
We need the next part !!! You can't just leave it there. What a cliffhanger !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
13-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Hehe, cliffhangers are good! (Wow, someone has read this chapter and not threatened to kill me, what a positive Wink)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
13-12-2009, 07:10 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
13-12-2009, 07:18 PM
... Oh dear. I'll just hide...

13-12-2009, 07:35 PM
You're doing really great!! I'm very hooked on your story!!!

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
13-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes Beatriz, but that's the one of the few positive things I've heard people say about this story! Oh, and someone said it was believable "for a Spooks episode". WTF is that meant to mean? I can't tell if that is good or bad...

13-12-2009, 07:45 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is a good thing. Like Beatriz, I'm totally hooked.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
13-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Of course it's good!

Do what you want with your story and forget threatens. It's your story!! Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
13-12-2009, 09:21 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!! Mace is a dead man!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."