Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Searching for Sarah
14-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Searching for Sarah
[London Exterior Brook Street Morning]

Lucas walked along Brook Street towards Claridge’s. He stopped outside and once more he tried his mobile but the line rang out. He acknowledged the doorman and strode into the impressive foyer towards the reception desk.
“Violet Franklin’s room please” he asked the male receptionist confidently.
“One moment sir” the receptionist picked up the telephone. He pressed a few buttons and then paused as the numbers dialled. After a few moments
“I’m sorry sir, there’s no answer. Would you like to leave a message?”
“No” Lucas replied, perhaps a little too quickly. His hunch had been correct. He retreated across the foyer around the corner out of sight, a mixture of elation and panic in his stomach. What next?

[Cue Intro Music]

Harry sat fixated with the piece of paper on the desk in front of him. He hadn’t moved for at least 10 minutes apart from to refill and drink from the whisky glass in his right hand. He picked up his phone and dialled but hung up when Ruth came in. She saw the look on Harry’s face and that coupled with the earlier than usual whisky in his hand asked “Is everything ok?”
Harry hesitated for a split second before exhaling heavily as he slid the piece of paper across the table towards her. Ruth’s jaw dropped and she lifted her gaze to meet Harry’s. “How is that possible?” She asked, Harry still didn’t move.
“Shall I call Ros?” Ruth finally asked. Harry eventually nodded.

Lucas stood outside Claridge’s, he took out his mobile and quickly pressed the speed dial.
“Tariq I need you to get into the Claridge’s booking system and get me the Room Number for a “Violet Franklin”
Tariq swung around in his chair the way only he could “I’m on it” He started pressing things quickly and competently “Violet? You got over that Sarah then….” Tariq mused, more to make conversation rather than an act of curiosity.
“Something like that” Lucas didn’t want this conversation to get any deeper and he inflected that in his tone. Tariq understood and there was no more small talk until he gave Lucas the information that he was after.
“Thanks” Lucas said, he disconnected and strode purposefully into Claridge’s and made for the escalators.

Lucas listened intently at the door; he could hear water running but no apparent movement in the immediate vicinity of the door. It was safe to proceed. He swiped his “access all areas” card and the door yielded. Gently he pushed it open. Quickly he looked around the room, taking in every detail, it was clearly single occupancy. As his ears had advised him, there was activity coming from the bathroom. He allowed himself a wry smile as he sat on the bed facing the bathroom door and took out his gun.

The water stopped and the figure came out of the bathroom towelling their freshly showered body. The towel covered their head and they walked away from the bed to the other side of the room towards a dressing table. For a moment Lucas panicked - he had the wrong room. Somebody who was really called Violet Franklin was staying here and he would be in a lot of trouble! This woman had short dark hair. He had a split second to act. Get out! Then the woman sensed something - quickly her hand went to the dresser drawer and Lucas saw her reflection in the mirror.
“Stop! I will shoot you” - Lucas shouted, he stood quickly and he raised his gun
Sarah Caulfield turned around to face him, her towel dropped, Lucas kept his eyes level with hers without letting the grip on his gun waver.
“Well Hi Honey” she said, seemingly calmly, but her eyes were helter skelter, Lucas noticed. She was as nervous as hell.
“Like the new look - walk towards me, slowly, no sudden movements”
Sarah obeyed.
“With the towel!” Lucas barked.
She raised her eyebrows and did as he’d commanded. Once he was happy that the dresser drawer was out of reach he told her to stop.

He kept the gun levelled at her head. “What are you doing here? They will find you eventually – it didn’t take me long did it? You will die. Tell me everything you know about Nightingale and I can promise you a new identity, you will be safe. Why did the $6 billion go to Pakistan?”

“You forget who I work for; I can get myself a new identity honey. You have no idea who you are dealing with. You already know way too much. Turn around and leave now and you may have a chance. Who knows you’re here? Have you been followed? Are you wired? You are putting me in even more danger by being here are you insane?!” Sarah spilled out all her words without breathing.

Lucas stared at her steadily. “I shouldn’t be helping you…..” He admitted, trying to find the words. “When I first saw you…” Again he stopped, realising how clichéd he sounded. Finally “I know we can’t be together but it doesn’t mean that I don’t care. You care for me too – you didn’t shoot me and...” Sarah cut him off “I didn’t shoot you because there was already one dead body in my flat and I was a little low on disinfectant honey!”
“You know that’s not true” Lucas persisted. Sarah didn’t respond, she just stood there looking at him. He sat down on the bed and lowered the gun but maintained eye contact.
“So what happens now?” Lucas remembered the last time he had asked her this, and also remembered the favourable outcome.
Sarah started to approach
“Stop right there! Lucas raised the gun again
She continued towards him
“Sarah please don’t make me do this I will have no choice but to shoot you!” he pleaded.
“I’m dead already!!!!” she screamed and threw herself at him, grabbing his right arm. Lucas was too strong -despite her adrenalin fuelled attack he grabbed her around the throat with his left arm and flipped her over onto her back on the bed. She still put up a fight, trying to twist and buck, he had to put his full body weight on her to hold her down. He covered her mouth to suppress the screams and she bit him hard. He grimaced but did not make a noise.
“Sarah please!” Her right knee made contact with somewhere he would rather she had not. He grunted and she almost managed to wriggle out from underneath him and he could feel a hand trying to grab his gun. Quickly he reached for one of the pillows, placed it over her head and fired.

Ros stood apprehensively at the Arrivals gate at Heathrow. She couldn’t quite believe what Harry had told her. There was a woman walking towards her. Terrible scarring and an obvious wig.

“Hello Ros” said Connie.

[End credits]

[Image: kirmosig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2009, 01:28 AM
RE: Searching for Sarah
Yesssss -- C2.0 is finally gone!! And Connie's back --interesting!

Well done, Kirmostar!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
15-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Oh wow! Connie back! And Lucas shot Sarah! Ooooh!!! Wow! Well done Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
15-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Lucas killed her!! Smile Connie? mmm interesting events Wink Keep going!!

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
22-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Yay! took him long enough. He should have killed her the first time ever she called him "honey"... hoep he doesn't lose any sleep over that decision.
As for Connie - can't wait for the next chapter to find out how she got out.. and more importantly, what' she's up to this time...
gripping stuff - more, soon, please?!? Smile

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
23-12-2009, 03:17 AM
It would be so good if this was the way it actually happens lol
I guess the disguise in change of hair is already correct haha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2009, 08:57 AM
If this is what happens I'll be looking for writing credits!!!!!

23-12-2009, 12:37 PM
if it does, I'd try and patent that crystal ball Smile

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
24-12-2009, 02:22 PM
TBH, I prefer your version to the actual one Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2009, 02:43 PM
thankyou! although it was lacking any actual spy stuff and would probably only last a few minutes - but it was my first attempt Big Grin