Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
[spoilers] Episode ideas for series 9
01-01-2010, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010 09:14 AM by JHyde.)
[spoilers] Episode ideas for series 9
I thought it would be fun if we posted some ideas for episodes in series 9. I was thinking more along the lines of the plot rather than what happens to individual characters such as the Harry and Ruth relationship. It may help the writers at Kudos out a bit as well. Of course they can contact us if they wish to use any of our ideas !!

To get the ball rolling, what about a story along the lines of the failed Christmas Day bomb attack on the plane. The story would start off that an attempt was made to blow up an airliner, with Al Qaeda thought to be behind it, but it fails. It is first thought that this was just a lucky escape but on closer examination of the explosives it is discovered that they could have never been detonated. They were designed to fail. Before the bomber can be interviewed he is killed. Section-D then go on to discover that a UK Security Company is behind the failed attack. They are in financial trouble due to the credit crunch and make security equipment for airports such as body scanners. It is also discovered that a government minister sits on the board of this company and let the would be attacker get a visa to board the plane. You get the gist.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2010, 03:06 PM
RE: Episode ideas for series 9
Woah that's one good idea!
I'll have to come back with an idea as soon as i have a solid one... but wow... yours is really good! Big Grin

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Hehe, I'm sure that they would want to use our ideas Big Grin I'll have a think about series 9, but maybe for the 10th/11th series (hint hint!) attempted attacks on the Olympic games in London. I don't have any ideas for series 9 yet though, I will post them here when I do!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
01-01-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd like to see African politics featuring again. Maybe something about an African dignitary being killed in London, and when MI5 investigates they discover that it was done to ensure that a big company (think BP) is behind it to ensure they get a contract. Further investigation will also link nefarious British politicians and rogue MI6 officers to the scheme.

And what I would NOT like to see: yet another plot where the Americans are the bad guys. Really, that one's been done to death now.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
01-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I want an ep that features Tariq's family. We know that he has relatives in the India/Pakistan/Kashmir region and that at least one of them follows football. What if there are others who are militant and get involved in a plot to commit some kind of an atrocity. In that instance, where do his loyalties lie? Are family ties stronger than national loyalty? Could they trust him? How would he cope?

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
lwhite53, have you hacked into my computer and searched my prospective fan fic ideas?

I'd love to share some thoughts on this thread but I'm going to keep them to myself in case my dream of writing for Spooks comes true. I live in hope.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
01-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Have not really thought this one through properly yet so perhaps someone else can play with it. An Icelandic Bank pulls out at the last minute of an emergency loan to the UK worth billions of pounds. Iceland is getting its revenge on the UK for freezing some of its assets in the past it is thought. This money was needed to pay the salary of all the UK's police officers. The police then go on strike (I know this cant happen in reality because of the UK law) and with the army being tied up in Afghan so cant step in, Section-D are tasked with the immediate protection of the Government as its first priority. The Icelandics though are in bed with the Chinese (not sure why) and the Chinese are planning to blow up the UK Government once they are left unprotected and then the Chinese will come in with a puppet Government and run the UK like Hong Kong.....Something like that.....

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
01-01-2010, 04:43 PM
(01-01-2010 04:38 PM)JHyde Wrote:  lwhite53, have you hacked into my computer and searched my prospective fan fic ideas?

(I was looking for the lottery numbers for bertowud.Wink)

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
01-01-2010, 04:49 PM
(There's no naughty pictures on there so you'll be wasting your time.)

I do agree with Silktie that not every CIA agent or American should be a baddie. I also want a Chinese storyline please.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
01-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Have we had the Japanese yet (apart from Havensworth but that was mainly Africa) as i can't remember and i think there might be some potential there too?

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user