Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
soundtrack
22-01-2010, 02:53 AM
soundtrack
So far as I know, no soundtrack has been released since Season 1. The music is really quite good in Season 8, any word of a chance of a CD being put out?

Though they do riff off the Bourne theme quite a bit, especially in episode 8.07 Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2010, 11:19 AM
RE: soundtrack
KA, there was a second album released in 2008 I think which had the music for series 5 & 6. I dont think you can buy this now but it seems to be still available for download from i-tunes. The odd thing is when i downloaded it several months ago there were 20 pieces of music on the album. Now there only appears to be 19.

I really liked the music used in both series 7 and 8 but dont see them releasing another album. You never know though. Smile

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
22-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I've got the two soundtracks mentioned, the Jenny Muskett and Paul Leonard-Morgan one. I don't think there's been one for series 7&8, but I recently found some Spooks soundtrack music on youtube by Paul Leonard-Morgan that I hadn't heard before, so maybe they have released more of the music since I last went looking for Spooks music on itunes.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
21-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Could you tell more about the second, Leonard-Morgan soundtrack please ?
Even if out of stock, it should be traceable on amazon or elsewhere;... Any chance you could post the jacket pic maybe ?
12-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I was playing the Paul Leonard-Morgan 'Spooks' series 5 & 6' sound track and noticed that two tracks listed appear to be from series 7, Fight in Bedouin and Jenny Hunter.
Spoiler: show
Lucas went to The Bedouin bar in Moscow (7.7). And Ros was under cover as Jenny Hunter (7.5)
Were these tracks ever in series 5 or 6 ?

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
12-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Definitely not. Is this something you downloaded from iTunes HellsBells? Or did you buy it on a CD? The only reason I ask is because sometimes the iTunes downloads have extras on them added over time that weren't part of the original package.

The Bedouin music was definitely used in Season 8, but all the major themes for season 7 were brand spankin' new. It was one of the things I really liked about that season after the less than inspiring season 6 score.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Again, could someone tell more about the second, Leonard-Morgan soundtrack please ?
It is nowhere to be found.
Even if out of stock, it would be listed somewhere... Amazon, FNAC, etc....

A scan of the box cover would certainly help...
12-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I have tried to copy the album cover; I hope it works. Other than i-tunes I do not believe you can get this album anywhere else at the moment. Its not on Amazon or Play.com.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
(12-03-2010 03:04 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Definitely not. Is this something you downloaded from iTunes HellsBells? Or did you buy it on a CD? The only reason I ask is because sometimes the iTunes downloads have extras on them added over time that weren't part of the original package.
Yes JHyde, I did downloaded it from iTunes. I didn't know that iTunes can add things to the original, at least that clears up my confusion !

I couldn't find the CD anywhere else, RoninExec, so I reluctantly downloaded it from iTunes, then copied to a CD because I don't have an ipod.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
22-03-2010, 12:40 PM
(12-03-2010 04:25 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  
(12-03-2010 03:04 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Definitely not. Is this something you downloaded from iTunes HellsBells? Or did you buy it on a CD? The only reason I ask is because sometimes the iTunes downloads have extras on them added over time that weren't part of the original package.
Yes JHyde, I did downloaded it from iTunes. I didn't know that iTunes can add things to the original, at least that clears up my confusion !

I couldn't find the CD anywhere else, RoninExec, so I reluctantly downloaded it from iTunes, then copied to a CD because I don't have an ipod.

Thanks.
Got the confirmation from Paul that the CD had not been released indeed.