Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friendly Advice - Part 3
14-02-2010, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2010 11:19 PM by JHyde.)
zzHeart Friendly Advice - Part 3
Hello everyone, this is a shorter chapter than the previous ones, and does get a little more serious. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Spoilers for 8.1

Finally deciding on a pub to settle in Harry went to the bar to order Ruth a glass of wine and himself a scotch.

“This is the fourth glass I’ve had today.”

“That officially makes you a binge drinker you know?”
“Dutch courage.”

“Ah, so I have to get you drunk in order for this to happen again?” He grinned at her like a predator, his teeth bared.

“I think I may save you the trouble next time.” She smiled back at his expression and placed her hand on top of his on the table.

“So how is Malcolm?”

“He’s fine, bored though.” She smiled, recollecting the earlier conversation.

“It’s good that you can speak to him.

“He’s a lovely man. He was always supportive of us.” He clutched her hand tighter and stage whispered to her.

“So there is an “us” now is there?”

“Well. I thought...” She hesitated and went to move her hand from his.

“Calm down, of course there is an “us”; you didn’t honestly think I was going to let this chance pass me by again did you?” He lifted his hand to caress her cheek; she promptly took his hand with her own and looked at him intensely in the eyes.

“I missed you so much.” He smiled sadly at her and brought her hand to his lips; kissing her knuckles softly.

“I missed you too.”

“It was always you Harry, but I thought I was never going to see you again.”

“You don’t have to explain this to me.”

“No. But I want to. I want to explain.”

“Then explain.” The mood had taken a more sombre tone as he looked at her; 3 years of pain etched into her face.

“I loved him.” Harry’s face dropped slightly and he loosened his grip slightly on her hand.

“You can’t deny me that Harry. Did you never think of moving on? I was still young, I could get married, have children, but he was never you Harry, and I hated the fact that he knew there was something else. I wouldn’t marry him, I couldn’t, that would have been too final, I could never have faced you had I married somebody else.”

“I wouldn’t have blamed you.” She smiled at him.

“When he died it was like everything I had come to expect from my life had disappeared, I was back with you, yes, but I blamed you for everything that had happened. I was wrong Harry. It was never your fault. They would have killed them anyway, regardless of what you said. I know that now.” Harry nodded.

“I’m still sorry. I never wanted to hurt you.”

“I don’t want you to be sorry anymore.”

He nodded at her, his lips pursed and his hand gently brushing through her hair.

“Shall we leave? Before you are too drunk to stand.” She giggled gently and nodded her acquiescence.

Both of them were extremely conscious of the impending awkwardness as he drove her back to her house, neither of them daring to look at the other but instead watching the way her hand covered his on the gear stick. The car halted and he turned around to look at her.

“Were here.”

She nodded gently and bit her lip.

“I’m making spaghetti bolognaise for tea tomorrow, you know, there may be enough for two if you wanted to come around, you don’t have to obviously, but you can if you want.” She raced through her speech her eyes pleading with him.

“Hmm, Spaghetti, count me in.” He grinned back and chuckled at the relived expression on her face.

“I should probably go.” He looked down towards the steering wheel, still smiling.”

“Getting ready to brief Malcolm?”

“Possibly.” Her lip curled up and her gaze drifted towards his mouth.

“Good night Harry.”

“Night Ruth.”

She hesitantly closed the distance between the two of them, feeling his hand rest on the skin of her cheek as she lifted her face to meet his. She gently trapped his bottom lip between her own, her eyes closing with the intense memory of the only other time she had kissed him, his other hand came up to her face; joining its twin and entwined itself in her hair, he brought her closer to him, gently feathering his mouth over hers as their noses brushed against each other. He reciprocated her action on her top lip and pulled away, his eyes lidded.

Smiling like a maniac she gripped the handle on the door and left the car; Harry still sat inside, spellbound by her actions. Giving him one last look as she walked through the door he sped away from the house and into the next street.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2010, 09:32 AM
RE: Friendly Advice - Part 3
Oh, the suspense is killing me! After all these years, isn't it time they closed the deal??!!

Excellent writing, Spooks 91. When's chapter 4 going up?

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."
07-04-2010, 08:24 PM
The rest of the fanfiction up to chapter 5 is posted on ff.net, I must have forgotten to update on here sorry! It is a different username on ff though its C0123. Glad you are enjoying it!
07-04-2010, 11:12 PM
When I type in ff.net it defaults to http://www.pantsu.net/ - an anime site...

Is that the right site?

"Where's Harry?"
07-04-2010, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 11:46 PM by Aria.)
ff.net stands for fanfiction.net. If you click on tv, then scroll down to MI5/Spooks, you should be able to read fanfics about Spooks.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
08-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Sorry, I should have been more clear, thanks shazia.kazim.
08-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Just read chapters 4 and 5.

Oh bloody hell. Now I'm really on tenterhooks!

Forget the law degree - become a writer Spook91!! (Or get the law degree, THEN become a writer, I should say!)

"Where's Harry?"
24-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Just read chapters 6 and 7. Nicely done, Spook 91! And it's not a million miles away from how I'd have written that scenario. Well, that got the easy one out of the way! <laughs demonically>

"Where's Harry?"