Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi everyone :)
21-02-2010, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2010 10:25 PM by Simone.)
Tom Hi everyone :)
Hi, I'm Simone and a long time lurker. Recently I decided to join and now I thought it'd be fair to introduce myself.

I'm also a long time fan of Spooks. Of course with it only being on TV here recently I couldn't know about the show when it started airing. But I discovered the DVDs early 2004 as I'm always browsing amazon.co.uk for good quality UK productions. I love especially BBC productions. Anyway, so I bought season 1 & 2. If I remember correctly s03 DVD wasn't out yet but I did buy that one as soon as it came out as well. I had also just discovered Matthew Macfadyen in the trailer for "In My Father's Den" and he was fast becoming my favourite actor. Around the same time I "discovered" Keeley Hawes in Our Mutual Friend and Wives and Daughters. Seeing the 2 on Spooks made me proper fans of them as well as the show. I loved Danny too.

Series 3 Spoiler: show
So when all 3 were gone at the end of s03 I thought I'd stop watching. Not because I didn't love the show but I couldn't see how it could survive and it being very difficult to get a hold of the show it seemed like a good time to drop out.

Anyway, I never really stopped thinking about Spooks (and Peter Firth) and I did a massive catch up of S04-06 when I heard that Richard Armitage would join. Now having Zatoo Online TV and access to BBC1 I was very happy to catch S07 and S08 live on TV while it aired. I own now all of the DVDs and am currently re-watching them.

I can't wait for s09.

Sorry that this got so long. This is a huge forum and I don't know how I can ever catch up but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing in one or the other discussions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2010, 09:57 PM
RE: Hi everyone :)
Hi Mia and welcome. The forum has gotten very big very quickly, but why don't you just look in on those threads which pique your interest and join in the conversations. Little by little, you'll get caught up!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
21-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Hiya Mia, nice to meet (ish) you Smile

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
21-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Welcome. Smile

Feel free to join in on the Peter Firth and Harry threads if you are a Peter fan. That's where I usually hang out. Smile

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
21-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to join in on the many many many Spooks discussions.

So are you pro HR?

Btw, I added some spoiler tags to your intro post. Wink

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
22-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Once you start joining in the discussions you won't be able to stop!!

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
22-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh, sorry, will try to remember to use spoiler tags in the future.

Yes, I'm pro HR Smile I just loooove their storyline Smile

All this time I've just watched the series and was more of a "passive" fan. Meaning I never joined in discussions about the show or the actors. I feel all new to this Wink
22-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Welcome Mia! Definitely, just browse through and pick the threads that are about the characters and episodes that you're passionate about - love or hate. We really do like different points of view.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
22-02-2010, 12:40 AM
(22-02-2010 12:34 AM)JHyde Wrote:  We really do like different points of view.

Even when it's my view of HR? Tongue

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy