Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] Favourite Ruth Scenes
15-03-2010, 06:12 PM
[spoilers] Favourite Ruth Scenes
I don't think anyone has done this thread before... so, what are your favourite Ruth scenes? (Ssssh Beatriz, don't tell them why I'm asking Wink Tongue)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2010, 06:39 PM
RE: [spoilers] Favourite Ruth Scenes
What are you guys up to??

As you would expect most of my favourite scenes seem to also involve Harry. In no particular order my favourtie scenes are

1) Ruth rushing around her house in Polis in 8.1
2) Ruth with Malcolm in 8.1
3) Ruth looking at Harry in 8.7 after she says CO19 are in place front and back etc.
4) Ruth in 4.1 when she visits that professor bloke and mentions her cat.
5) Ruth in the corridor with Harry 4.10
6) Ruth and the pacing in a good way comment...cant remember episode number
7) Ruth on the bus in 4.9 and her weirdo comment
8) Ruth when she goes to the hospital in 3.1 and says she's pregnant
9) Ruth when she is speaking to Harry about Malcolm being the head groundsman...can't remember episode number

I could go on and on really.....

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Nah, it's just me Wink Only she knows what it's about because I asked her this question yesterday, and told her why I needed to know.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
15-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I knew that I forgot something!! I won't tell I promise! Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
16-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Ooh, er... this is tough as I like everything Ruth does on screen! To name a few Tea Lady hasn't mentioned yet:

- Wrestling with the lamp in 2.2
- Telling Harry about her "spook taxis" in 3.1
- The very last scene in 3.9 when Harry didn't get the DG job, and she ignores him when he tries to call her back as she's leaving
- Getting prissy with Juliet and Jo for doubting Harry when he was suspended in 4.9
- Only allowing Harry to call Adam after he was shot if he agreed to ask Adam about getting a nanny for Wes, I think in 5.1
- The scene where she and Adam confront Harry when they thought he was part of a plot to kill Diana in 4.10
- The scene with Malcolm and his cricket joke in, erm, 3.2 or 3.3?
- Her reaction when she sees Harry being arrested in 5.5.

I'll think of some more later...

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
16-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I love all those too Silktie. I love it when she is trying to talk over Harry on the speaker phone to Adam while leaning over him slightly.

- I loved Ruth throughout 2.5 and the EERIE thingy. When she calls Harry a bastard and she comments that she hasnt really got much if she hasnt got anything to analyse.
- Also that scene in 3.10 when she is trying to convince Harry that something is wrong with Adam and he's in danger, and Harry isnt taking her seriously.
- Ruth in 3.10 when she is cradling Danny and talking to him like he is still alive and at the funeral when she doesnt want to leave in 4.1.

Errrrr.......

16-03-2010, 10:35 PM
I only wanted to add one:I think it's lovely when she's at her house watching "The Red Shoes", engrossed, and Malcolm brings her some files, I think it's 3.05.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
17-03-2010, 05:16 PM
- In 3.10 when she asks Adam what he got Fiona for her birthday - love the interplay between her and Adam in that scene. And then her horrified reaction to Harry's suggestion of chocolates.
- In 4.9 the scene with Angela Wells near the end where Ruth is lying to her about her step-brother, and specifically Ruth's reaction after Angela cracks - very subtle play of emotions from triumphant that she pulled it off to horror at what she did to Angela.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
17-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I've got no idea what episode it is but the scene where Adam and Ruth are kidnapped and Ruth says to Adam "shall I hit him again Adam" Smile

17-03-2010, 06:26 PM
(17-03-2010 06:06 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I've got no idea what episode it is but the scene where Adam and Ruth are kidnapped and Ruth says to Adam "shall I hit him again Adam" Smile
Absolutely Yahoo

(Particularly a great one if you've read 'SophiePersan''s fanfic 'Secrets' (don't know which part though)

I rather like her conversation with Tom in 2.5 just after she finds out that Harry is supposedly suffering from VX exposure

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user