Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who Told the Albanians? (2)
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 08:12 PM by JHyde.)
Who Told the Albanians? (2)
The second installment of my story with the majority of characters from series 7 and 8. Some spoilers from the same.

CHAPTER TWO

When Lucas walked onto the grid Monday morning he wasn’t surprised to see Harry in his office and Ros and Adam already sitting at their desks.
It had come as a surprise to him however, when he found out Ros and Adam were together. He had thought Adam and Jo were together; Jo had been so distraught when he had ‘died’, then he had realised that Ros didn’t exactly wear her heart on her sleeve. A pity, he quite liked her.

‘Morning’ Adam said without looking up.
‘Morning, how you feeling Ros?’ It was two weeks since Ros had come back to work after the explosion and several months after Jo had nearly died in the basement panic room. Jo had come back to work not long after the explosion. Ros, along with the Home Secretary, has spent several days in intensive care after the building had collapsed around them. Ros has saved their lives by dragging them into the stairwell; the secure structure had saved them although they had been badly hurt.
Lucas had been thrown clear but had still broken a few ribs which had healed quickly.
‘I’m fine’. A curt answer, Ros didn’t like people peering into her life.
‘What have we got?’ Lucas asked.
‘Not much, but could you come with me to meet Ros’ asset? She would have come but she and Harry have a meeting with the HM and I think Tariq wants to try out some new gadget on Jo.’ Adam looked up from his computer, blue eyes meeting blue eyes.
‘Sure, when? And Tariq’s here already? He’s not usually in for another half hour.’
’20 minutes’ came the answer from Adam as Ros said,
‘He’s trying to get this new tracker working in jewellery. Because it’s small it doesn’t transmit far, but he’s trying to get it further. He’s been turning up early and staying late all last week to fit it around his work.’
‘Well that’s devotion,’ Lucas said smiling, ‘New technology is still going over my head. I only just figured out how to use my iPod.’
‘You could have tried the instructions.’ Ros sighed as she walked off towards Harry’s office.
Adam smiled at Lucas, ‘Now that would have been too simple,’ he said, ‘we leave in 15.’

SPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS

‘Ah Harry, Ros, good morning, good job last week, you have a report for me? Good. PM’s pleased, can’t have MI5 being overrun.’ The Home Secretary seemed to be in a jovial mood, obviously well recovered from the explosion. ‘Anything else to report?’
‘No Home Secretary.’
‘Well in that case, if you don’t mind, I need to pop off, got another meeting.’

‘Let’s just take a look inside.’ Adam said getting off the bench and heading over towards the warehouse studio. He and Lucas had been waiting 10 minutes for the asset to arrive and were starting to give up.
Lucas opened the door and called into the darkness. No-one answered. He turned to go when he heard a sound, he reached for his gun but before he could completely draw it from his waistband, there was a sharp pain at the back of his head, the floor rushed to meet him, then it went even darker as he sank into unconsciousness.

Adam had stood just inside the doorway as Lucas had looked inside. As Lucas turned towards him he too heard a noise and saw a dark object aimed for his head.

‘Harry’, Ruth called over to Harry as he and Ros entered the grid, ‘we’ve had no word from Lucas and Adam, they were supposed to be back 20 minutes ago.’
‘Ros,’ Harry immediately took control, ‘phone your asset, I want to know where they are.’
Ros pulled out her phone, dialled a number and waited. It rang, and rang, and went to voice mail.
‘No answer,’ she said.
‘Then where are they,’ Harry looked worried.

LUCAS:They told me I could come home if I spied for them
HARRY:What did you say?
LUCAS:I said yes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2010, 08:57 PM
RE: Who Told the Albanians? (2)
Sorry, LL. I read this days ago and swore I had left feedback. Liked how you set the scene and furthered the characterisations. Loved Lucas struggling with technology and liked the tense cliffhanger as well.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply