Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
27-09-2011, 11:33 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
I think too that Elena has her own agenda.

Series 10 Spoiler: show
I think it would be too dangerous for her to defect to the West. It is her husband who has the connections to the FSB and I believe to the Russian mafia. He is the successful business man and ex-high ranking intelligence officer, not she. Perhaps both of them want to bring down MI-5 because of its history with the KGB. It is possible that, once they succeed, Elena would try to kill her husband and stay in London.

I am afraid that the true agenda of Elena is to destroy Harry. And the best way to destroy Harry is to hurt him through Ruth and his children. I do not know how she views his English children. Since Sasha had a very nice life with his "father" Ilya, she can't blame Harry for neglecting his "son". Perhaps she has no animosity towards his English children. To Elena Ruth becomes the enemy, when she realizes that Harry has sacrificed his professional life for Ruth which he did not do for her in 1984. I don't think that she has forgiven him that betrayal. I am very concerned about the meeting of Elena and Ruth and its aftermath.

For Ruth's safety and for her own sanity, she should accept the promotion offered by Towers. I feel so sad for Ruth when she said to the HS: “I’m sick of secrets,” “They stop you ever knowing people. Everyone ends up feeling alone."

I am happy that she snapped a few years of contentement in Cyprus. She never really loved George, but at least she had a normal life with a lover and a child. I never thought I would say that, because I am convinced that Harry and Ruth are soulmates.

I hope that Harry realizes that he might lose Ruth to the HS. He better acts fast. He depends on Ruth to save his professional future and finally find some happiness with her.

I was hoping that the storyline of Harry in S10 would concentrate on bigger issues, on the scale of Sugarhorse or Nightingale. I think that we can forget about that. There is not enough time for it. We can just hope for the consequences of Harry's nontraditional work methods on his private life and those he cares for. We should still see a lot of action and suspense which is going to be fun.

Find all posts by this user
27-09-2011, 05:55 PM
(27-09-2011 09:12 AM)harrbd Wrote:  Looking at the trailers again there is a scene where Harry is interrogating / shouting at someone sat on a chair. Is it Coaver?

Also, much as I would love the final scene to be Ruth and Harry on the hill together (having saved the UK yet again) I can't help thinking it is more likely to be Ruth reaching for and holding Harry's hand as they are waiting together for the "big bang" ending they know is coming and we have been told about. Perhaps Peter Firth's "there may be hope" means we don't see the aftermath / bodies. I hope I am wrong about the ending !

I'm not sure I believe Kudos that they were the instigators of making this the last Season or maybe they were manipulated into the position.

I thought S8 might be the last but when S9 began unusually we already knew there was going to be a S10 but probably the BBC had already decided it was only 6 episodes and were thinking it would be the last.

I feel the BBC doesn't want any loose ends that could lead to talk of the programme being made again and so it will all end disastrously.
28-09-2011, 12:19 AM
(26-09-2011 09:49 AM)harrbd Wrote:  I can see where we might be heading with the trailer of Harry walking away from Ruth with her crying. I think Harry finds out that Ruth has betrayed him to the HS and that he is finished. He doesn't blame her and stills loves her so gives her a last goodbye kiss before walking away. Ruth realises what she has done and cries.

Interesting...... I like the possibilities. Mine are little darker. I don't think Ruth's actions would be considered a betrayal: better hours, better pay, improved Safety and larger sphere of influence. Wouldn't that be what Harry would want, if he loves Ruth? if he's going to be forced out? and especially if there is to be any kind of relationship outside of work?

I don't think Harry knows about the HS, anyway. I think the trailer snipet is just before Harry leaves to do something dangerous (or foolish/risky, for the right reasons of course) and is saying goodbye , similar to years ago. He's already put Ruth at arm's length.

I bet Harry blows himself up saving others and Ruth carrys-on (better career and hopeful that Harry really 'got away').

In any event -- I hope I'm sooooooo wrong. Even though I constantly hope...... I do not see this ending well for H/R fans.
28-09-2011, 05:52 AM
I keep wondering if it's like s6 elina doing what her husband wants as he discovered she I'd a mole for mi5 like evil anna

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I've been thinking about the kiss in the original trailer. It seems like a brief kiss, as Kaytea411 says above, a goodbye kiss. Well, as Harry and Ruth up to this point are not in the habit of kissing, even at dangerous moments, it would suggest that there may have been a much longer kiss before it. So perhaps, somewhere in the next couple of episodes we are going to get THE MOMENT where the two get together.
29-09-2011, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 07:10 PM by Forever Secret.)
I've been thinking about that too Naivety Wink It does look as though Harry is the one in control of whatever's going, he moves towards Ruth, she seems to move back a little like she's not expecting it, I still can't tell if its on the mouth or on the cheek but I don't think there will be another moment before it unless its Ep3 or 4...(After reading the Ep5 Press release) looking at the background it looks like..
Series S10 Spoiler: show
it's the beach scene,
If she's working for the HS, we could see the beach scene in episode 5, if Harry needs to see her about Coaver, the HS is there with Ruth and Harry, probably there with Ruth to talk to Harry about the Russia partnership, which means the kiss in the trailer could also be in Ep5, it looks from the trailer like its set on the beach and the clip where Harry is walking away and Ruth is crying, it could well be a goodbye scene... Harry is saying goodbye because Ruth is no longer working for him, they won't see each other, its not goodbye for good but Ruth is working for the HS, he could talk to her alone in that scene and the kiss scene could happen as a means of goodbye for now, then he walks away and of course we see Ruth crying Smile Just a thought

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
29-09-2011, 07:31 PM
How much of a spoiler is that, Forever Secret? If it's just about one of the photo's I'll look, but I don't want to know about episode 4, 5 or 6 yet. Confused
29-09-2011, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 07:39 PM by Forever Secret.)
Erm... It's not a big spoiler really, just pics of the filming, nothing about the plot OR why they were there, or what was said Wink All that was said is that it was an emotional scene, that left the people watching pretty emotional too, it was just a pic of H&R I think on the beach, talking Wink What I just said about the scene is pure speculation and I suppose what I want to see too Wink I will probably be totally wrong Tongue

"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
29-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Phew, thanks! I still think that we're going to get another moment before this one. Damned well hope so!
29-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I hope so too dear!

Series S10 Spoiler: show
Perhaps in Episode 3, when Ruth tells Harry about the Home Secs job offer? Ooooor maybe when she meets with Elena... ooooor Maybe when they're late in his office.... ooooor .. OK im out of ideas Tongue there's plenty of chances, lets hope they take one Smile