Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Spooks Locations
26-01-2010, 03:36 PM
RE: [spoilers] Spooks Locations
Gold stars for you two then!!!
That really is impressive.

Lucas North: Your situation is more precarious than you realize, Connie, so stop pressing buttons and give us something.
Connie James: Threats don't work with a person who has nothing to lose.
Lucas North: Oh, you're too ingenious to think that I'm threatening you. I'm offering you a simple choice: help us or don't. I'll leave you to compute the implication.Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm gobsmacked, you've got the whole of London yet you manage to find that house! Amazing detective work!

[Image: licence2thrill.png]
Loving my new signature!
30-01-2010, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2010 11:16 PM by Tea Lady.)
One is feeling a little delicate today but I can confirm that the Freemason's Arms is the Davie King pub from episode 6.9. Smile Its full address is 81-82 Longacre, Covent Garden, WC2E 9NG. It is opposite Freemasons Hall which looked fab all lit up in the dark. It was though absolutely heaving on a Friday night so if you are planning to visit and are old like me, then maybe Monday-Thursday would be better. It still looks exactly the same inside and is not as small as you think. We stood next to the Davie King table and the football boot display cabinet was still there.

I managed to take three mobile phone pictures (my friends thought I was nuts!) The first one is of me with the Davie King table to the left and the football boots behind me but the photo is very dark I am afraid. (Yes, I am drinking a pint but it is a real ale pub!) The second is of the entrance to the toilets with the writing on the wall. (I kept getting strange looks as to why I was taking pictures of the toilets!) The thrid photo is of the corridor that Harry, Malcolm, and Connie walked down saying "if you want loyalty buy a dog." The internal door though was closed as you will see.

I think that concludes operation Davie King!

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
30-01-2010, 04:22 PM
An immensely satisfying outcome to a long, frustrating op. And a +rep to you for service "above and beyond." Take care of that hang..., ah, sorry, headache!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
30-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Another one here with the same problem as Tea Lady Tongue
I meant to ask you if you had been to Freemason's Arms. That's great!!! Thanks for the pictures!! You're an amazing asset! Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
30-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Well done Tea Lady!

[Image: licence2thrill.png]
Loving my new signature!
30-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Onya Tea Lady!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
31-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Good work there Tea lady. Most bodacious!!!!

Lucas North: Your situation is more precarious than you realize, Connie, so stop pressing buttons and give us something.
Connie James: Threats don't work with a person who has nothing to lose.
Lucas North: Oh, you're too ingenious to think that I'm threatening you. I'm offering you a simple choice: help us or don't. I'll leave you to compute the implication.Cool
02-02-2010, 05:52 PM
contains spoilers for 8.4

I'm on a role. I think I have found the office building from 8.4 where Sarah threw Walker over the balcony. I wasnt sure at first because of the appearance of the outside of the building, but I found that it had been completely redeveloped inside in 2008. The building is The Ark, 201 Talgarth Road, Hammersmith. If you click on the website link there are photos of the inside on the "Ark" tab and also an artist impression of the whole building on the "environmental" tab which clearly shows the tower that Walker "fell" down. Also the wooden circular floor at the bottom he landed on. I came across this by doing some research on the BBC production of "Day of The Triffids" as this building also appeared in this series.

http://www.thearklondon.com

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
02-02-2010, 06:24 PM
That does look like it! Nice find! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user