Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Spooks Locations
23-11-2009, 10:00 PM
RE: Spooks Locations
You're right JHyde, I mean the one with the colourful glass. lol Like Freemasons hall being Spooks building!!! Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I found another 2 locations in 1.04:
15:27 -> Tom and Harry heading to MI6 to talk to Jools Siviter, is near Vauxhall Bridge.
[Image: 1041527HarryandTomgototalktoJoolsSi.jpg]

23:33 -> Tom talks to Peter Salter (Tom's mentor) in North Greenwich station
[Image: 1042333TommeetsPeterSalterTomsmento.jpg]

I like how they give us leads in the scenes Smile in the last one you only get to see "ENWICH", but obviously it has to be Greenwich or Greenwich North Tongue

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
26-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Yay!!! Smile I love the guys that put place names in shot Big Grin

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
28-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Sorry been AWOL.

I went to Catch restaurant, Liverpool Street, London, the other Friday evening. This was of course the location for the H/R date scene in 5.3. Well I have to say that no wonder Ruth didnt want anything to do with Harry after he took her there. "I think its somewhere you'll like" .....yeh right Harry, nice one.

The area where the restaurant is, is basically in the lobby, at the bottom of some stairs, with some temporary hoardings up to seperate it from the rest of the building. The stained glass window behind the bar area is lovely and the food was lovely but the service was awful. It was hardly busy and we had to wait and wait for drinks. Also the most annoying thing was that because the restaurant was in the lobby, there was a bar area behind it. This was seperated by double doors but everytime someone went through to the bar area the doors were opened and the music from the bar came through so loud that you could hardly hear yourself talk for a minute until the doors shut. This wouldn't have been so bad but the music being played was like "Hey Ya" from Outkast and "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" by Wham!

Hardly a romantic setting. Come on Harry, you can do better than that.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
28-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Thud Quite dissapointing, then Sad

Can't believe the music, I would expect classical music, or at least Jazz or sth different Confused

*covering my eyes with my hand to the rest of the threads* Tongue

Pactum serva
28-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh dear, our romantic image of that date has just been completely destroyed Tongue lol.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
29-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Tea Lady: thanks for the insight into Catch Restaurant in Liverpool Street. Bit of a disappointment, as far as ambience is concerned it would seem. Yeah, Harry will need to do better next time!!!

Always interesting to read accounts of people's visits to Spooks Locations for those of us located far away.
29-11-2009, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2009 10:02 AM by JHyde.)
Oh that sucks Tea Lady! Hey Ya's fun in a club, but not so much for a romantic dinner. To be fair, just because it isn't like that in real life, doesn't mean it's not nicer in Spooksville. It was probably a lovely place there!

It also proves that locations, like so much on film, is smoke and mirrors.

In 8.5
Spoiler: show
that building where Coleville kills Meynard has been used before I'm certain. In 6.10 when Adam and Hogan met up. It was lit differently, but that's it. Slight continuity error, because I can't see Adam and Hogan meeting in a television station.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
29-11-2009, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2009 03:48 PM by Tea Lady.)
I hope this location has not already been mentioned but I came across some photographs on the Radio Times website of the final scene of 6.9 where the team are all hugging the taxi. The photos are very interesting (if not for the fact that PF has his shirt open in one of them showing his chest Angel) but that it shows the part name of a firm in the building in front of the taxi. That is "Simmons &." Well I found a Simmons & Simmons in London at City Point, One Ropemaker Street, EC2Y 9SS. It is definitely the place as I looked it up on Multimap, birds eye view. If anyone can post a photo of this location then feel free.

http://www.radiotimes.com/shows/spooks/g...lery-five/

(I am sure it goes without saying but these photos on the Radio times website contain spoilers for episode 6.9)

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
29-11-2009, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2009 06:34 PM by Beatriz.)
Good one, Teal Lady!! I'll update the map Wink

I like the picture of Harry too Wink

Pactum serva