Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
24-12-2009, 03:20 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
Ruth is much more confident now though, and I think they're more even than they were before - before there was a much greater boss/employee divide, but now they are more equals. I think this equality will make it quicker for them to get back together.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
24-12-2009, 03:28 PM
That's what I meant about it being different - Ruth is different. But just because she has more confidence doesn't mean she'll jump at the chance of getting it together with Harry. Like I say, bloody ghosts.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
24-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Ghosts??? Confused.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
24-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Like the fact that he's her boss. That George died because of her old life and Harry was "involved", for lack of a better way of putting it. That Harry has a really bad track record with relationships and he's married to his job.

Ghosts. Problems that don't just go away with time.

Having said that, I will quote Virgil and reiterate that "love conquers everything, we too must yield to love." And then of course, Ovid came up with my signature in protest.

In other words, I think they can make it happen.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
24-12-2009, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2009 04:46 PM by Kirayuki.)
I was assuming you meant ghosts to be Spooks... It works both ways really. Tongue

I agree with your posts completely. Ruth has had a life changing few years After everything that's happened to her she's bound to have become a bit more (tempted to say grown up for some reason) decisive and outspoken.

Things were never going to be easy for them but i truly feel that they will make something work. If people want things bad enough they (often) tend to get them with perseverance.

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Ruth was being openly affectionate to Harry on that roof, though, as well as forgetting herself and asking him not to throw himself into danger. She seems to have exorcised most of those ghosts JHyde rightly mentions. I really think, if we do get a season 9, it will be implausible of they do not step up this relationship to another level.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
24-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Agreed - it would be implausible (although I do think that it's the shipper in me saying this rather than my head...)

25-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I agree completely, I think Ruth left behind most of those ghosts, and it would be implausible if they don't begin a relationship.

I also agree with Nitrus, it would be very odd if they had that step this season; they weren't prepared for that, the flirting thing, and caring for each other is wonderful but not a relationship, it would have been very unbelievable.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
25-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Only another year to wait for a proper relationship between them (hopefully, assuming that the writers don't ignore it Angry. Again. and also assuming that there will be a series 9... No announcement yet as far as I know Sad)

25-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I really hope the writers are paying attention to what's going on too.

I also think it would be pretty implausible for there to me no more forward progression in series 9.

Come on Beeb! Give us a Chrimbo (announcement) gift!

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user