Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Tell us something about you!
12-01-2010, 05:45 AM
RE: Tell us something about you!
Hello fellow Spooks!

It's 12:30 EST & I've been doing schoolwork non stop since 5 &been in & out of the forum because my attention span can only go so far. So taking a break & write to introduce myself

SW England is home. A brother attends grad school in the US, wch is a 9-hour drive from my school in Canada. Hope to earn an arts degree to prep for law sch.

Work part time to pay for interests in electronic gizmos & sporting events in city where bf studies. So far, I've worked intermittently in offices of the university, a deli, & a flower shop. I do a bit of volunteer work to network for jobs: Night foot patrol 6 hrs/week in winter On call to look after children w/ special needs on trips outdoors. Write short articles in university's Journal on behalf of the students' union.

Live in a house w/ 5 other students. One of them can deliver Sarah C's lines perfectly in French.

Better go back to paper i have to e-mail at 9:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Maggie, good luck with the paper.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2010 06:49 PM by belle4723.)
(05-12-2009 01:47 PM)Silktie Wrote:  
(04-12-2009 10:20 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(04-12-2009 06:21 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I got to shake former US President Jimmy Carter's hand once. He was on the same plane as me, and made a point of walking through the whole plane and shaking everyone's hand.

Nice! Can't decide if that's cool or arrogant? lol.

Actually, it was kind of funny, as you could tell most people had no clue who this old geezer was that insisted on shaking their hand!

I met President Carter once, too. I was in the 4th grade, on a class field trip and he was Governor of Georgia....idk, 1973 maybe '74. He sat with us on the steps of the Capitol for a picture.
I am new to the Spooks board and looking forward to some help as I try to catch up on past seasons.

I am from the US - originally from GA now in NC - and can tell you that I know of no one that speaks with an accent like Sarah Caufield.

I loved North and South and saw a lot of similarities in the North and South of the US. I guess I was never really aware that such a division or distinction existed in the UK.
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Welcome to SF! Great to have you here.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
(12-01-2010 06:44 PM)belle4723 Wrote:  I met President Carter once, too. I was in the 4th grade, on a class field trip and he was Governor of Georgia....idk, 1973 maybe '74. He sat with us on the steps of the Capitol for a picture.
I think it's cool he was the first president I remember. I remember going to Disney World and seeing him (or his animatronic clone anyway) in the Hall of Presidents and being very excited.

(12-01-2010 06:44 PM)belle4723 Wrote:  I am new to the Spooks board and looking forward to some help as I try to catch up on past seasons.
We're glad to help so feel free to post any questions in the appropriate forum, but please be mindful of spoilers in posts and titles.

(12-01-2010 06:44 PM)belle4723 Wrote:  I am from the US - originally from GA now in NC - and can tell you that I know of no one that speaks with an accent like Sarah Caufield.
What part of NC, if I may ask. It's mostly a very attractive state.

12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I doubt I will have any spoilers as I am the last to see anything.

I am just east of Raleigh. NC is a nice state - beautiful beaches and majestic mountains, modern cities and quaint towns. If I sound like an advertisement it's because I am... I work in industrial recruitment Smile
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
That sounds cool - we have people in so many different industries. My duet partner is from Chapel Hill NC, which I only remember because it's the same place Michael Jordan went to school.

Any other lurkers want to tell us something cool they do in their lives away from the forum? You can even make something up, we won't know the difference.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I've been through the general area a few times. A friend of my wife's used to live up in that area. It's very nice.

I really like the area around Charlotte too. I make it over there every few years.

If I were going to live anywhere other than Florida, it would probably be North Carolina.

12-01-2010, 10:46 PM
NC is a very cool place -- been there several times. Did a bicycle trip around the Asheville area once -- I could easily live there.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
13-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I've just remember one thing (reading other thread) I haven't told about myself, I love going camping, I used to go camping a lot when I was a child with my parents, now I want to go but it's difficult to convince my friends Sad

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva