Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Peter Firth
29-09-2010, 10:41 PM
RE: Peter Firth
The BBC Press Office have released a trailer showing clips of upcoming shows this winter. You can see clips of PF in South Riding, Hermione Norris in Outcasts and Keeley Hawes in Upstairs Downstairs. LOL PF's hair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
Find all posts by this user
29-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Great snarling look on Peter's face. South Riding is looking good
30-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Great stuff Aria. Thanks.

I take it the clip of the two women snogging wasn't South Riding then? Wink

Yes, it's a great snarl. What's going on with the hair though? Is he sporting an Adolf Hitler type fringe or is it a comb over?

[Image: spooks12.jpg]

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
30-09-2010, 11:27 AM
(30-09-2010 10:21 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Along with more on H/R, Dmitri (in tight shirts), Beth (so appealling), Tariq (will we ever get some background on him?) etc. How good is Peter Firth this series? Better than ever!

I know we are only two episodes into this series, but I am already forming the opinion that this is Peter's best series as Harry.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
30-09-2010, 09:07 PM
He's been awesome, so far this series. That scene in the golf club with Westhouse was amazing, it gave me goosebumps. He can act without even saying anything.
01-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Best actors act with presence, not with words Smile

Loving PF even more, if that's possible.
01-10-2010, 02:13 AM
(01-10-2010 01:07 AM)Obsession Wrote:  Best actors act with presence, not with words Smile

Well said. A very wise person once said to me that acting is what happens in between the words.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
03-10-2010, 07:05 AM
It's really great to see that people in the industry rate PF just as highly as we do. Michael Caton Jones rating him just as highly as Robert De Niro is some compliment, and well-deserved.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
03-10-2010, 03:36 PM
(03-10-2010 07:05 AM)Silktie Wrote:  It's really great to see that people in the industry rate PF just as highly as we do. Michael Caton Jones rating him just as highly as Robert De Niro is some compliment, and well-deserved.

Indeed. PF has a similar quality to De Niro that a Director like SCJ would appreciate. He has a vulnerability to him but he is also slightly dangerous and always a bit off kilter in both his acting the pieces he chooses to be involved in.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
PF is all class. Period.

Changing the topic slightly, does anyone have a reference/link to the (recent?) "Radio Times" article/interview with PF where he says they filmed two endings to Series 9?