This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
29-03-2010, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2010 04:12 PM by JHyde.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
So a few things:

I am very excited about writing up this episode for Ruth's Diary and the taxis bit especially Smile

Leaving aside any feelings Harry and Ruth might have started to have around this time, strategically it was a choice move to have Harry ask Ruth for loyalty. Someone like Ruth is especially susceptible to that form of flattery, being asked to stand by Harry in such an intimate way and made to feel special is something she would love.

I don't wish to denigrate any feelings they may have had, but let's not mince words here: the spook in Harry knew it was a wise move to take Ruth aside. You wouldn't want her playing for the other team.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2010, 04:50 PM
(29-03-2010 04:11 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I am very excited about writing up this episode for Ruth's Diary and the taxis bit especially Smile

Good luck! We all have high expectations about this. Wink I wonder what Ruth really thought about Harry singling her out over the Tom issue. I never got the impression that she was particularly flattered by it, or at least it wasn't evident in the performance. What was interesting to me is that it was the first scene where Ruth was almost Harry's equal in season 2. There was no sign of her usual nervous fidgeting or stammering whilst they were having that discussion.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
31-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Just been reading Spookswatch 2010 and the bit about the "ultimate betrayal" has me wondering if it could be Ruth? I seriously hope not, but for Harry, Ruth betraying him would be the ultimate betrayal. I think Silktie posted in one of the earlier threads that NW may have only come back for some great storylines and something like this could be on the cards. The writers may do what they did with Connie, an okay first season then a killer second season (pun intended)!!

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
31-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Nooooooooooo!!! Please not Ruth!!!!! Suicida
Honestly, I don't think so, Ruth would never do that, and even less to Harry; I don't think she's a vindictive person...

A good storyline doesn't mean betrayal, it can be a good storyline with Harry Rolleyes plus some action for her, I know we're not very keen on letting Ruth out of the Grid because she's not very lucky outside, but it could be good... Something like the Havensworth op, for instance.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
31-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Ruth betraying Harry would be awesome.. they could do it as a kind of throwback to 8.1. Hehehe.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2010, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2010 05:40 PM by Beatriz.)
You'd like that, wouldn't you? Dodgy lol But you know that will never happen Big Grin

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
31-03-2010, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2010 06:12 PM by Tea Lady.)
(31-03-2010 04:33 PM)shazia.kasim Wrote:  Just been reading Spookswatch 2010 and the bit about the "ultimate betrayal" has me wondering if it could be Ruth? I seriously hope not, but for Harry, Ruth betraying him would be the ultimate betrayal. I think Silktie posted in one of the earlier threads that NW may have only come back for some great storylines and something like this could be on the cards. The writers may do what they did with Connie, an okay first season then a killer second season (pun intended)!!

evil evil evil thinking....I cant even go there.....no way would Ruth do that......she gave her life for Harry in 5.5. What could possibly make her do anything to betray him or the team....No no no no.....its not going to happen and I am totally ignoring Nitrus' comments !!!! Thud
*im going to get a sweet sherry to calm down*

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
31-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I hope your blood pressure has calmed down, TL! Ruth possibly betraying Harry was something which struck me when I read the "ultimate betrayal" bit, but I am trying to purge my evil thoughts. I know that I am on a downward spiral regarding H/R when Nitrus is agreeing with me!! lol.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
31-03-2010, 07:34 PM
We believe in Ruth, Tea Lady, don't worry, Ruth will never do that, I'm sure of that, it wouldn't make sense. No way!!!

And if they do something like that I'll but an air ticket to London and I'll help you kill kudos and whoever is necessary!!Angry (I'm a bit agressive today Confused)

I would only accept that if in the end turns out to be all a lie... BUT NO WAY!!!Dodgy

Pactum serva
31-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks guys. I have calmed down now.

I am just repeating what I put on the Spooks Watch thread but what if the betrayal was Harry, Harry betraying the State to save Ruth from something? Wouldnt that be the ultimate betrayal if it came from Harry? I could only see him doing that for Ruth, for no other reason.

(JHyde is right. Look what we are all doing from just two words. Heaven knows what we will do if we get a paragraph of words for the new series! Smile)

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]