Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real-life Espionage Incidents Discussion
05-12-2010, 01:46 PM
RE: Katia Zatuliveter/Mike Hanncock MP
(05-12-2010 11:15 AM)FATBOY Wrote:  Well well, some interesting background stuff on Mike Hanncock on the web - Ms Zatuliveter would seem to be more of a "Honey Trap" than a "Sleeper" !

My question is what type of security vetting do MP's assistants go through?

According to standards for Security vetting, access to public figures (such as MPs) and government assets (I assume accessing the Parliament networks and databases, plus access to documents of MoD) requires CTC (Counter Terrorist Check) and if documents are marked Secret, requires higher level SC.
My understanding is that those are open to non UK citizens (but could be restricted to NATO and allied countries?) , as long as they pass checks on police records, financial status and security services checks in relation with their connection with other state government security services or, opposite, terrorist groups.
As she has been interviewed and arrested after visiting other countries, I could think she passed the vetting, but then she met someone abroad who was under active investigation by MI6 or Mi5 and therefore she has been included in the investigation itself.

[Phone Rings]
Harry: "If this is not life threatening, then I hope your passport is up-to-date!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
WikiLeaks - FATBOY - 01-12-2010, 04:38 PM
RE: Katia Zatuliveter/Mike Hanncock MP - George - 05-12-2010 01:46 PM
Katia Zatuliveter - FATBOY - 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM