Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch]
02-03-2010, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2010 05:14 PM by phoenix.)
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch]
I adore Jools Siviter and his insanity. "Oh Tom, you spoke. Good to see you're working on your skills." I love the way Harry dealt with Danny's monetary indiscretion "Then give me the cards you bloody idiot." HAH.

But, I'm sorry, I really can't stand Ellie. She's completely ridiculous. Yes, I understand it's a difficult thing to deal with, finding out your significant other is a spy and as such, required to lie to you on an everyday basis, but it's not as though he's maliciously trying to deceive her for some selfish purpose. I also realize that she's a bit sensitive due to her experience with Maisie's father, but HONESTLY! She completely went on the offense when he did tell her. No wonder Tom began to give clipped, succinct responses; trying to rationally explain it to her--poor thing was terrified. It's more a matter of him shutting down than him shutting HER down. It's not like she was open to discussing the matter at all. And WHY in hell would you ever expect a spy to tell a CHILD what he does for a living. She's clearly insane and this has to be the most ridiculous ultimatum: "Tell Maisie or I leave you." And as for him lying to her about meeting Danny, OF COURSE! HE'S A SPY. Just because she's aware that he's a spook and they're shagging doesn't mean she needs to know every little detail of every mission. Talk about high expectations. She's always struck me as a simpering idiot who's too full of herself to realize exactly what Tom was telling her. Not to mention the phone call from 'Harold' that she flat out refused to tell him about. Ridiculous, I tell you! How passive aggressive of her.
Spoiler: show
I'm happy it doesn't work out between them.

I'm being rather harsh, aren't I? I can't really explain it, she just rubs me the wrong way.

"do not underestimate them. they are many things but above all they are poets, for whom love and hate are worth dying for."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 17-01-2010, 12:49 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 18-01-2010, 11:47 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 19-01-2010, 12:03 AM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 19-01-2010, 10:49 AM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 19-01-2010, 11:20 AM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 21-01-2010, 04:21 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 22-01-2010, 01:05 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - phoenix - 02-03-2010 04:11 AM