Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch]
31-05-2010, 05:57 AM
RE: Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch]
Wonderful, wonderful episode. I echo everything said by all the other posters re Danny, Fiona and Adam, and Harry and Ruth. A few other things:
I think we see in this episode for the first time how similar Harry and Adam's philosophy about their work is. Harry hates the fact that he will have to sacrifice his officers because the country's policy is not to give in to terrorists' demands, but he accepts it because he knows there is truth in Guy Facer's statement that they are not civilians. Adam, on the other hand, at the end is willing to sacrifice Fiona to save the PM's life, by ordering them not to let the PM into the hall whilst knowing they will kill her when he doesn't deliver at his end. Great performances from RPJ and PF in both these scenes.

I also love the scene where Adam tells Ruth how he met Fiona, so touching and really wonderful. I think it is in this episode that the close bond of friendship is truly established between Adam and Ruth, and from here-on these two characters are always looking out for each other.

There are some really funny moments in this episode, mostly brought by Harry. The chocolates scene is really a classic, as well as his reaction when Ruth tells him there was no way Adam bought Fiona chocolates. You can just see him thinking 'But what's wrong with chocolates as a birthday gift?' And Ruth, even in the midst of the crisis, not wanting him to feel bad and telling him there's nothing wrong with chocolates as a gift. Really funny. I also liked the bit where he's waiting in the briefing room, drumming his fingers, but stops immediately when Ruth enters. He's concerned about the situation, but doesn't want to show it in front of others. Great stuff.

And I loved NW's delivery in that scene where she asks Harry to take her seriously - when she says she always tries to be cheerful. It's hilarious.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 30-05-2010, 05:33 PM
RE: Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch] - Aria - 30-05-2010, 05:57 PM
RE: Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch] - Silktie - 31-05-2010 05:57 AM