Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you get into watching Spooks?
13-09-2010, 07:12 PM
RE: How did you get into watching Spooks?
(08-09-2010 08:37 AM)watchstrap Wrote:  My daughter has just got into Spooks in the school summer hols and she is 10! She has read all the Alex Rider spy books so kept badgering me to watch it. She only watchs eps that I know the content of and she will only see S9 eps after we have already watched them. I was worried about the violence but she was 'stabbed' to death in a stage production recently, so assured me that she knows it's 'just acting'. Maybe too young for Spooks but she loves it and can't wait for S9 to start.
Funniest bit was when she hid behind her hands for any kissing, which she thought was all too YUK!! She loves Lucas...but not as much as that Robert bloke from Twilight. No taste!

True Confessions: My nine year old has watched with me. Danny was his first favorite - who can blame him? - but he likes Ros to because (as he puts it) "She's tough and brave and can really fight...for a girl." (Cue sex role stereotype conversation with Tom Boy mother. Big Grin) He hasn't watched them all. I monitor it as well but it comes on TV at 10pm, after bedtime, so it isn't too hard for me to preview the episodes. Like his mom, he likes spy stories - Spy Kids is a favorite. His dad is an actor so he understands reality v. fantasy. He thought the S1 DVD was one of the coolest things he has ever seen the way the cover slips off to reveal hidden pictures.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you get into watching Spooks? - A Cousin - 13-09-2010 07:12 PM