Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you get into watching Spooks?
24-06-2011, 01:49 AM
RE: How did you get into watching Spooks?
I'm American, but I lived in Scotland for 2-and-a-half years, and I came across it by accident one night on the tele. I also had seen adverts for it, and as I was already a HUGE fan of "24", Bond and Bourne, I knew I'd probably like it...especially as it had Rupert Penry Jones in it! But I didn't want to just jump in head first in the middle of a season, so I held off for the time being. Fast forward 3 years (this past Christmas) to me and my brand new Netflix account - I saw that they had the majority of seasons of "MI-5" (Really, America? Was the name change that necessary?) on Instant Queue, so I decided to finally give it a go.

After just 3 sleep-deprived, bleary-eyed, foggy weeks, I had completed all 9 seasons! (I'm pretty sure I watched ALL of season 9 on one icy day that I didn't have to go in to work. No shame.)

Hardest part though is not having ANYONE in my social world to discuss it with. When my co-workers would talk TV, I'd tell them about my "British spy show", and they'd just look at me like, "That's nice." I mean, really, how do you explain "Spooks" to Americans who have no reference for what good TV drama really is? It's so frustrating!

Also of note: While Matthew MacFadyen, RPJ and Richard Armitage were also initial driving forces behind my interest, Harry Pearce came out of nowhere and stole my affections! Peter Firth is absolutely brilliant.

I've never been addicted to anything in my life, but I am completely hooked on this show! God help me...

Harry: If there’s one thing I’m grateful for in life, it’s my sunny disposition.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you get into watching Spooks? - kmac82 - 24-06-2011 01:49 AM