Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you get into watching Spooks?
24-06-2011, 07:30 AM
RE: How did you get into watching Spooks?
(24-06-2011 01:49 AM)kmac82 Wrote:  Hardest part though is not having ANYONE in my social world to discuss it with. When my co-workers would talk TV, I'd tell them about my "British spy show", and they'd just look at me like, "That's nice." I mean, really, how do you explain "Spooks" to Americans who have no reference for what good TV drama really is? It's so frustrating!

Also of note: While Matthew MacFadyen, RPJ and Richard Armitage were also initial driving forces behind my interest, Harry Pearce came out of nowhere and stole my affections! Peter Firth is absolutely brilliant.

I've never been addicted to anything in my life, but I am completely hooked on this show! God help me...

Same here with me! My colleagues have a tendency to either watch stupid reality TV shows or even more stupid soaps and I'm usually getting the same "empty" look when talking about what I like to watch on TV.

I tried to get my sister hooked on Spooks and we watched the first series in a row when she was visiting over Christmas and then lent her my series 2 DVDs but although she likes it, she hasn't really come along with watching much more of it so again she does not (yet) share my enthusiasm when I talk about Spooks.

I've recently found out however that my Dad watches Spooks too! It doesn't help though that here in Germany the series is well hidden in the late night programme and they are also only ever showing the first five series and than starting again from the beginning...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you get into watching Spooks? - lottanyman - 24-06-2011 07:30 AM