Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long have you been a Spooks fan and how did it happen
14-11-2010, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2010 12:22 PM by Beatriz.)
How long have you been a Spooks fan and how did it happen
I was wondering how long everyone here has been a Spooks fan and how they happened upon the show.

I live in the US and the New York Times had an article on the show which of course is called MI-5 here. The review was very positive and so I tuned into A&E (Arts and Entertainment). They showed the first two seasons in one go, it was in 2002 I believe. I actually had no idea that series in Britian are so short. I was hooked immediately. After A&E showed the first four seasons it disappeared and I read later that the ratings weren't good so they dropped the show from their lineup. I now rely on Netflix and my local PBS station to see the show. We probably won't get season 9 till mid next year at best guess so that sucks. I willl say that Lucas was my favorite character (vain I know but it's because of his voice) and I figure
Series 9 Spoiler: show
I am going to be sad when I see season 9. I will really miss RA.
I just got a new job and found to my delght that one of my coworkers is a big fan so I thought that I would finally have someone to talk to re Spooks but he asked me, "Is Tom still on the show?" so there went that. LOL. There is a US version currently in development and I have no idea how it is going to work. I have raved to everyone that I know how awesome Spooks is but I don't think that I've converted anyone. They don't know what they are missing.
Anyway, that's how I came upon the show. Thank God for that article in the New York Times!Yahoo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How long have you been a Spooks fan and how did it happen - agea - 14-11-2010 02:38 AM