Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
19-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Harry RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,someone tell me that what I've heard is not true??
A friend of mine claims she recently read an article (about another BBC programme) in which it said that -due to the recent cut's and budget certain BBC programme's would no longer be commisioned? These programme's were Spooks,Waking the dead (the upcoming series will be the last) and Silent Witness.
I haven't been able to find this article anywhere and my friend no longer has it,I have searched everywhere but she swear's to me that she read it in a newspaper.
In it my friend said that someone at the BBC commented on period drama's costing less to make than these programme's and that as viewing figure's had gone down in recent years they just couldn't afford to spend the money in the hope that figure's would go up again?
The only thing I have found is an article by Trevor Eve (Waking the Dead) in which he say's that the BBC are more interested in spending the budget on Doctor Who rather than good drama series,he does,however,comment on the fact that he believe's his Tv series should have been axed years ago but he says nothing else!
Anyone heard anything similar or have I been pranked by a friend??
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - pfgirl1980 - 19-01-2011 09:56 PM