Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
22-04-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
(22-04-2011 01:27 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
(22-04-2011 11:30 AM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  
(21-04-2011 01:54 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  IMDb is listing Alrick Riley as the Director of 10.1 and 10.2. If true (it is IMDb after all), this makes me happier than I can express.

I was very lucky to catch some Spooks filming at the end of March along the Embankment in London, and Arlick Riley was there directing the scene I saw being filmed.

The question on everyone's lips.... Any photographs? Silba

Yes, Goldrush70, any pictures?

If not, thanks very much for the confirmation re: Mr. Riley. I haven't seen S8 in too long and his work on S6 is some of the best that series has to offer, but his work on S3 and S4 in particular is stellar if you ask me. I don't like too much hand-held either. But I don't remember that of Mr. Riley. What I remember most is his use of shadow and light as well as setting the mood of a scene without over-whelming the development of the characters.

I am mostly happy to see that they have been able to bring in a Director who has a long-term connection with the back-story of the programme and the characters. New blood is great, expected, and essential but its best to have a balance between the two.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 22-04-2011 02:00 PM