Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
03-06-2011, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 12:17 PM by loladom.)
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
(02-06-2011 08:56 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Sounds to me like a PF jest. He was probably teasing them.
Agree totally, can see him chirping away and joking. Said spectator lapping it up. Now she feels important, that she knows something special. She's centre of attention on twitter for a day. As if! Dumb woman. Does she really think Kudos, with all their experience, would trust that kind of information with some random competition winner? She has made herself look really silly and given her profession, lost herself trust and future work. I bet her magazine will be furious for the tweet, as it's their rep too. If it was the truth, from a credible source, she has wasted a scoop they could've used later in their magazine. SO I think not.

I believe the writers and the actors that no decision has been made. I believe sam hasn't written a S10 script that finishes Spooks definitively forever. Kudos have no reason to hide the fact if it is official. They didn't with Ashes to Ashes or Hustle. Why would they need to with Spooks? No decision has been made, I'm keeping the faith.

In the slim chance it is the truth, don't you think Kudos would make a press event of it, Ian Wylie etc. rather than some random nobody? This is their flagship drama, longest running, they won't let it fizzle out with a random tweet, they know they owe their viewers more.

I do think much of all of the speculation this year stems from unconfirmed rumours and mumblings months ago, driven by gut feelings mainly due to the time Spooks has been running and the current cut backs of the BBC, and the fact a decision for next season hasn't been made.

Alternatively, Kudos have been taking lessons from the Simon Cowell school of audience power...suppose Kudos whispered via the set or PF in particular this rather dramatic, definitive, over the top language
"the last scene of the last episode of the last series - ever". Twitter is mobilised, people start speculating, interest grows. People view and or contact the BBC for more.

I also think we've seen a lot of outside filming this year - H&R on a bench, H&R on the beach with no attempts to hide the shoot. They are garnishing interest and speculation. Perhaps they want the BBC to make a decision. I'm sure the actors do too. Kudos are not dumb, they are teasing, perhaps provoking.

Whatever the truth, I'll wait for Kudos, the BBC, Ian W or PF/NW to break it before I get remotely concerned.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - loladom - 03-06-2011 06:48 AM