Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
03-06-2011, 06:54 PM
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
(03-06-2011 07:43 AM)pepelow Wrote:  I don't think that that Twitter Twit is a Kudos plant - please give Kudos more sense than to employ a tactic like that! More like a casual fan who got over-excited about being allowed to visit the Grid. This woman's day job is a journalist, and a deputy editor at that. So I wouldn't even give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she might have misunderstood what she saw or heard. Just a complete idiot who shot off a tweet without engaging her brain. She has deleted her original tweet, without an apology or explanation. What cowardly beahviour! Her original tweet's been retweeted a number of times, so she can't really hide.

I'm more upset that Kudos offered a visit to the Grid set as part of a fundraiser and kept it all very quiet. Why wasn't the rest of the world/Spooks fans allowed to hear about it and put in bids???

And I wish some other fans would stop pleading with all and sundry for photos and leaks/spoilers on Twitter. A little patience wouldn't hurt. Who knows, might even heighten your enjoyment of Series 10 when it airs!

Well I'd imagine I'm on that list then! Exclamation

This is not aimed at you Pepelow Smile its a response to the comments that have been made in general i'm just using your quote to help explain my point.

For starters I want to point out that anybody asking for pics, is not asking for major spoilers, or giveaways to the plots, nor would I expect them to supply that, they wouldn't and I wouldn't want that! I am also not out to hurt anyone, I personally would never want that.

If they were not allowed they wouldn't. None of the pictures supplied so far have given anything away
PHP Code:
Harry Ruth on a beacha car,  HarryErin, & Dimitri standing around
its hardly groundbreaking info is it!

Secondly could the people making comments about the people asking for pics or info, please remember that some of the demeaning names, that have been said are hurtful, I'm sure we can all make our point without resorting to name calling, or insults. Talk to each other & sort out the problems, or leave them be!

I don't understand why everybody can't get along nicely, stop putting each other down & just enjoy been fans of a great programme together. We all have our differences life would be boring otherwise.

I think the people telling others "not to do this and that" are making it worse imo! If a stranger told you "don't do this" would u listen, I wouldn't I would trust in my own judgement and those close to me, what I'm trying to say is don't fuel the fire, & it will burn out eventually!

(03-06-2011 12:21 PM)loladom Wrote:  
(03-06-2011 12:10 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  Message from Sam!
@NicolaWalkerFan @kraysler don't know where she got this idea from! Scenes I watched were from middle of Ep 6... I should know, I wrote 'em!

*Salutes Sam Vincent for he is wise!*
So there you have it Wink Sam says he has no idea how the idea came about that it was last scene, he still also has no idea if this is the last Series, and he'd be told first I'm guessing because he'd be asked back to write S11 if there was to be one Wink

Let's bow at the seat of Sam's openness. He loves this show, it's very clear and he respects that the show is only possible because of it's fans. I believe him. He'd look an utter idiot if it ever came out that he was lying.

So well done to the people who tweeted him and for his fairness.Thanks for posting Forever Secret.

I agree I think Sam's a nice guy, who appreciates the fans, thats why he answers them, even though it must put him in the line of a thousand questions, so a big thanks to Sam Vincent for being da man! Smile

Well, I am cut the woman a break. I have to say I am a bit shocked and saddened by the vitriol on this board towards her. Sounds like she got excited (I know I would!) and either heard something she misinterpreted or assumed something that has not been confirmed.
(03-06-2011 02:02 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  What a surprise that some nobody was talking poppycock on twitter.

Is it me or are we getting more intel from Twitter this year than in years past? Sounds to me like Twitter is living up to its definition! It proves the precept: consider the source....
[/quote]

I have to admit I've been quite shocked at the backlash and vitriol towards this lady, and I say that as someone she personally tweeted incorrect information too. Yes I was annoyed but I don't think she deserves the treatment she has got.

How can you judge someone on a 140 character tweet where the messages are so short it's sometimes difficult to convey the emotion & content of what's been said.

I agree she should have checked her facts first, but as others have said, I think it was a mistake out of pure excitement as a fan. I'm sure we've all made mistakes in our lives we regret or wish we could take back, lets not make it any worse for her. At least she's had the grace to delete it now. I understand it's already out there but its not like she can turn back the clock is it. I think sometimes when writing things on the internet it's sometimes very easy to forget that these people have feelings & are human just like the rest of us! Smile

I think the popularity of Twitter is down to the fact its easily accessible, & that a lot of people have Smart phones now which makes it easier! I don't think we are getting any more info than previously, I think we're just getting the info quicker than before.
Info & pics still found there way onto the net, and peoples awareness, just a lot slower, but it still got there in the end!
Six months down the line all of this will seem irrevelant, we can't do anything about it, other than refrain from using it. The fact we are still using says no matter the complaints we must still be enjoying it.

Lets just focus on the positive & more Spooks Yay! Vueltasss
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - LV R/H - 03-06-2011 06:54 PM