Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which DVD's in all series have the best commentaries
06-03-2011, 02:37 AM
RE: Which DVD's in all series have the best commentaries
(05-03-2011 08:54 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  I think it works nicely when there is a writter, and producer or director and one of the actors all doing commentary, that way there's an opinion from each rather than just the point of view of one position, if you get what I mean Wink

Nice to know I'm not alone, Forever Secret! I am just an insufferable snob about it, I suppose. Smile I find that actors tend to start telling periferal stories (certainly very humorous and entertaining) and the next thing you know 3 more scenes are gone and you have learned nothing about the process. I really like and I want to know about the process. And to be fair to them, the process isn't their job.

(05-03-2011 08:54 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  I think I enjoyed Andrew Woodhead and Howard Brenton's (Probaby my favourite Spooks writter Smile) commentaries the most, it's great to see their views on the show Wink

Andrew Woodhead is great on audio commentary. He talks enough but not too much. I like Howard Brenton's commentaries too. My feeling when I listen to both of them is that they don't feel like they "have" to say something and fill every moment. But I also find Rupert Walters to be fascinating as well. The director that sticks in my brain is Cilla Ware on 3.3 and 3.4 but that is probably because she is one of the two female directors they have had. Her commentary is pretty entertaining.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which DVD's in all series have the best commentaries - A Cousin - 06-03-2011 02:37 AM