Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
You know you're a fan of spooks when...
02-03-2010, 06:43 PM
RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when...
Right, well I went into London today for a lecture on The Odyssey for my AS Classics, and well, you'll see...

You know you're a fan of Spooks when:
You're on the train to London Waterloo stops at Vauxhall Station, and you are sure that you went past the back of Vauxhall Cross. Then, when making your way down to the tube station at Waterloo, you have to go down some escalators and are immediately reminded of the
Spoiler: show
episode where Harry is seen by Mace on CCTV when he steps off the top of a tube escalator after having held back the train doors. Also of when Ben is trailing someone and he goes up/down (or both) an escalator to the Tube, and the episode on S7 with Lucas and the boy and the rucksack, where Jo passes them and goes down the escalator when they go up
Then while washing your hands you see a soap-dispenser saying Armitage Shanks, and a certain other Armitage comes to mind. You then take the Tube and it takes you past Embankment station on the way to Euston, which obviously brings up some R/H memories Tongue
While in the lecture, you cannot help but think of Homer's other work, The Illiad, and a certain reference to the 'son of Kronos', even though you're actually being lectured on The Odyssey. And it doesn't help when the lecturer remarks about the spooky nature of the events in on of the chapters. Then, while on the return Tube journey, you happen to see and advert for Married, Single, Other, and are able to identify the programme because you are watching it purely for the fact that Miranda Raison is in it. Also while on the Tube, you are trying to reassure you rather claustrophobic friend who is also scared of public transport that she is perfectly safe, and will be absolutely fine in the plane on the school trip next month, because she has more chance dying in the car on the way to the airport than in the plane, and this just makes you think of
Spoiler: show
the episode on S6 with Ros and Adam on the plane to Iran, where the oxygen masks come down.
Then, when you get off the underground and are going back up the the surface, you pass by a door saying 'SERVICE TUNNEL: RESTRICTED ACCESS', and are naturally reminded of 7.8.

So yeah...
I'm not slightly obsessed... Silba

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Nia M - 02-03-2010 06:43 PM