Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 09:02 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
Hey, I have been a bit of a lurker around here... But I have watched Spooks since the very first episode, right through to the end, and also fell in love with the story of Ruth&Harry.

I have to say the final was a perfect ending. Although I was devastated by Ruth's death and cried for ages, it was right and fitting for Spooks. Ruth dying was a sacrifice, she knew it was her turn (if not a long time ago) and from back in series 5 it was evident she would give her life if it meant Harry was saved. Furthermore, the whole aftermath of Ruth's death... Harry visiting the house, and not being able to picture himself there alone, the memorial scene which was brilliantly shot, and lastly his return in the grid. The almost tears that came to Harry's eyes as he was in his chair, it was heartbreaking. The grid is all he has left.

Peter and Nicola are a credit to Spooks and to the fans... they both created something amazing, which was loved by many, and as devastating as it was that we didn't get a happy ending, we got to see some powerful acting that was truly moving. A happier ending would have had less impact and I think for TV tragedy is always better and its always more challenging for the actor.

Have to add, it was lovely seeing Tom Quinn back, it was nostalgic. I would love a spin off involving Tom, doubt it will happen, but it would be nice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - bumble_berry - 24-10-2011 09:02 PM