Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks movie?!?
23-05-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 03:25 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: Spooks movie?!?
Well, until Kudo's announces it, it is really all just speculation on everyone's part.

Although it does seem odd to me for an actor to mention it with such apparent confidence without the blessing of the producers? Or at least an agreement that he does so at his own risk. Because if it doesn't come to fruition, there's egg on his face! Most actors won't mention anything until there is at least a solid verbal agreement or at best a contract. For some, it's even a bit of a superstition. Unless PF just doesn't give a fig on either count, which is certainly possible as well. So, there are lots of variables....

I personally waffle back and forth as regards whether or not I would like to see a feature film. I generally fall on the *like* side most of the time. On some level, a Spooks film sort of seems a natural progression to me. It was getting too big (thematically) for TV. Thus the reason I think it was time to put it to sleep on TV but would still be viable on the larger screen. A lot depends on who the director (Nalluri or Canton-Jones, please!) and writer(s) (Wolstencroft or Brenton, please!) will be.

If they do continue on to a Spooks film, I want them to move directly forward as they have always done. Otherwise, IMO, it risks becoming narcissistic pastiche. I suppose it would be possible to include the ex-officers that are still alive - Tom, Zoe, Malcolm, Beth and/or even Tessa - in some way, but I don't want them to look backwards other than to acknowledge the past in order to move forward.

That said, I would totally pay just to see Hugh Laurie's "Jules Siviter" and Simon Russel Beale's "William Towers" knock heads! Just a suggestion.... Wink

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Spooks movie?!? - POG65 - 17-05-2012, 04:18 PM
RE: Spooks movie?!? - jh1892 - 21-05-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: Spooks movie?!? - POG65 - 21-05-2012, 11:31 AM
RE: Spooks movie?!? - Tea Lady - 23-05-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Spooks movie?!? - jh1892 - 23-05-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Spooks movie?!? - A Cousin - 23-05-2012 03:24 PM
RE: Spooks movie?!? - Tea Lady - 23-05-2012, 05:21 PM