Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death
14-06-2010, 03:31 PM
RE: Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death
I would vote it my top death as well. It was just brilliant for the following reasons:

- We didn't know what Spooks was like as a programme. For example, we were unaware that the writers were willing to kill off central characters and popular actors/actresses. So when it happened, it was jaw dropping.

- The death itself was the worst imaginable. The whole episode leading up to her demise sends a shiver down my spine. It builds up extremely effectively. You know that Helen has slipped up with the swingers story and that's when unease sets in. Furthermore, Danny or Tom states she'll be fine "she's passed all the exams" to get into MI5... this comment just leaves the viewer concerned. She may have passed the exams with flying colours, but will she cope with such a big and serious operation? You get the impression she's out of her depth, but we believe she'll be saved by the end of the episode, as no other programme kills off a likeable central character two episodes in.... or so we thought...

- Helen was a nice and extremely likeable character, who the viewers cared for and that was only after two episodes! This made her death all the more upsetting.

Other Spook deaths have been effective, but nothing can top Helen's for me. I rewatched it today and it still upsets me eight years on!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death - Nitrus - 11-01-2010, 09:33 AM
RE: Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death - almh - 13-01-2010, 05:39 PM
RE: Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death - Nia M - 27-02-2010, 01:31 PM
RE: Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death - JHyde - 27-02-2010, 02:15 PM
RE: Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death - rbs89 - 14-06-2010, 07:59 AM
RE: Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death - The Grid - 14-06-2010 03:31 PM
RE: Fryer Voted Top "Spooks" Death - JHyde - 01-11-2010, 07:01 AM