Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
24-04-2010, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2010 10:23 AM by JHyde.)
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
David Wollstonecroft's last episode for the show and Danny's 'first' kill.

What did you all think?

This is one of the best episodes in the season, I think. I love the juxtaposition of Ruth and Malcolm singing Mozart's Requiem while Danny stalks his prey. (I would love to sing at St Martin's in the Fields and I really hope they do things like this, should I ever actually get to the UK!)

Great episode for Adam, I love how he talks Danny through this awful but necessary thing he has to do.

Keeley's showdown with Will works well. She's good at that stuff and good at the empathetic friend too, which is why I think she's so good in her current role on A2A.

Zoe is absolutely right, I think, when she says that she and Danny have killed before. It's a sad truth of their job - at least as it exists in our [spooks] world. Stella Rimington and others might protest that such a thing would never happen, but if it's not officers themselves who have to do it, it's almost certainly outsourced. This is a scenario I can believe happening in terms of 'clinical wetwork'.

And Ruth this episode? So sad, that she feels closer to this man whom the Service is looking out for than she does to anyone 'real' in her life. I always laugh at the fact that John is played by Barnaby Kay, her husband in real life.

Over to you!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - JHyde - 24-04-2010 10:20 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - Aria - 25-04-2010, 09:50 PM