Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
25-04-2010, 04:53 PM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
I think that we all accept that "State sponsored " assassination goes on in every country of the world, so why should Britain be different.
I think Adam Carter's (not the MI5 agent, but contributor on here) comment regarding the fact that he had problems with Danny & Zoe not being able to bring themselves to kill the guy, actually means that he missed the point of the episode. I believe that the writers set out to show that no matter how professional you are there is a BIG difference between killing somebody in the "line of duty", and actually taking the life of a stranger in the way that they were expected to. I think that it would probably have been a little easier if they were ordered to shoot the guy as they would be more "detached". Here they were being asked to inject a sleeping man with a substance (insulin) that would end his life. The problem would have been that Danny would know that as he was pushing the needle into the guys vein, and then as he pushed on the plunger, he was directly ending the life of a human being. I do not believe that any amount of training can prepare a normal person to do that, I also feel that the producers must have interviewed real agents who have been in that position, as the description that Adam gave to Danny over the phone of what he would feel afterwards was remarkably detailed and sounded very true to life.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - JHyde - 24-04-2010, 10:20 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - CONDOR - 25-04-2010 04:53 PM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - Aria - 25-04-2010, 09:50 PM