Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
25-04-2010, 09:50 PM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
I thought this episode was a thought-provoking one. Not one that I would choose to watch if I had the choice. Danny and Zoe's dilemma is handled well and Adam is really coming across as a leader in talking Danny through the killing.
You knew there would be a sting in the tale when you saw Zoe and Will so happy!! Spooks doesn't do happy relationships!!
I loved Malcolm really getting into helping Ruth: smuggling files to her at home, persuading her to go to the concert and pretending to be her brother "Giles". Sam's behavior, for a supposed friend, was pretty duplicitous. But having been taken in herself (Tessa) maybe she wants to protect Ruth and that's why she agrees to spy for Harry?
As for Harry, his behaviour is strange in this episode. He seems to be trying too hard in the scenes with Sam to show that the situation isn't bothering him. Like lwhite53 says, lots of Harry subtext.
I loved the bit towards the end, when Ruth is at her desk and Malcolm and Sam are being supportive by bringing her tea and files- Ruth does have friends and people who care about her.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - JHyde - 24-04-2010, 10:20 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - Aria - 25-04-2010 09:50 PM