Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
28-04-2010, 01:55 PM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
I think you all may have answered a question for me re: Harry's last line. After he (finally) directly addresses Ruth about keeping her personal life from crossing over her professional life, she says something to the effect that they "can't let that kind of thing to get in the way of work, can we?" His reply, I think, is "Of course we can." I've always been puzzled by that reply and the look he gives Sam as he walks away. I think it might be a round-about admission that they all, himself included, have to fight against the temptation.

As for Malcolm, for lack of evidence regarding his degree of knowledge about Harry and Sam's internal investigation of Ruth and his length of service, I will just have to assume that he figured something out on his own and jumped in to keep an eye on Ruth on his own accord. I will keep Malcolm up on the pedestal I have created for him!

Sorry to get so fixated on this on strand of the plot in this episode. I have always felt that the "Death of Ruth's Love Life" sub plot was full of questions that needed to be answered. The other two plots flow better.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - JHyde - 24-04-2010, 10:20 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - Aria - 25-04-2010, 09:50 PM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - A Cousin - 28-04-2010 01:55 PM