Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two Part Opener?
17-08-2009, 11:32 PM
zzTongue Two Part Opener?
So, Spooks has a bit of a reputation with two part openers, sometimes spanning two nights in a row.

What do we think this time? Two-parter across two weeks? Two-parter across two nights? or not at all?

I think that it will be a two-parter but across two weeks. Firstly it HAS to take at least two episodes to get Harry back, and secondly considering there are only 8 episodes, I think the BBC might want to drag it out a bit.

What do you think?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2009, 12:02 PM
RE: Two Part Opener?
You're probably right. One thing I really respect about TV in the UK is that shorter series/seasons are acceptable. In the US if you can't do at least 16 and preferably 22 or more, your series won't make the cut.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
18-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Believe they have already commisioned a 9th series! Big Grin

But yes a two parter...is certainly traditional spooks ground. I love the fact here in the UK they normally show part 2 straight away on BBC3 I normally can't wait until the week after..Smile

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
18-08-2009, 12:10 PM
(18-08-2009 12:09 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  Believe they have already commisioned a 9th series! Big Grin

I have no knowledge of this... sources?

18-08-2009, 12:12 PM
(18-08-2009 12:09 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  But yes a two parter...is certainly traditional spooks ground. I love the fact here in the UK they normally show part 2 straight away on BBC3 I normally can't wait until the week after..Smile

In the US, they would probably show both episodes on the same night. So you'd be really happy with that.

18-08-2009, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2009 12:18 PM by Juliet Delta.)
(18-08-2009 12:10 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(18-08-2009 12:09 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  Believe they have already commisioned a 9th series! Big Grin

I shall see what I can dig up for you Smile

Bertowud, Yeah i'd be more than happy with that! Big Grin
(18-08-2009 12:10 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  

I shall see what I can dig up for you Smile

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
18-08-2009, 12:37 PM
In theory Spooks is one of those shows that can go on forever. The individual actors and characters aren't critical to the show's success.

18-08-2009, 12:38 PM
(18-08-2009 12:37 PM)bertowud Wrote:  In theory Spooks is one of those shows that can go on forever. The individual actors and characters aren't critical to the show's success.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if it makes it to 2013..... considering the whole code 9/nuclear bomb thing.. Confused

18-08-2009, 01:15 PM
(18-08-2009 12:38 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  It'll be interesting to see what happens if it makes it to 2013..... considering the whole code 9/nuclear bomb thing.. Confused

LMAO! What they'll have to do is pull a Dallas. Someone would have to wake up from a nightmare of a post nuclear attack UK and make a statement to the effect that thankfully it was just a dream.

21-08-2009, 01:06 AM
The series 9 comes from a few sources Peter Firth being one of them and a crew member the other.
Find all posts by this user